Chapter 8: Friend of Foe?

Young Bowser hit the sand so hard he sunk through it

Young Bowser hit the sand so hard he sunk through it. Luckily the beach was made up of loose sand, but it was still funny to the others to see just his head pocking out of the ground.

He pulled himself up, ignoring the others and glaring at the sky. "Why are you being so mean to me!?" he shouted. "You ARE me, dummy!"

Bowser looked at the group. They were cautiously watching him but they hadn't moved yet.

"What are you looking at?" Bowser growled. "Who are you, anyway?" Then he saw Mario and looked shocked, but he didn't seem to recognize him. "Hey, you over there in the red hat! I saw a kid in green up there! He was totally stealing your style!"

Then he noticed all the Yoshies. "And what are these? Giant lizards? Neat! Gimme a ride! Giddyup! GIDDYUP!"

Bowser jumped on the back of one of the Yoshies. It tried to shake him off, running in circles, but Bowser just laughed. He was flailing too much for anyone else to help get him off, but after a moment they realized they didn't have to. Bowser didn't seem to be hurting Yoshi, and Yoshi didn't seem to mind playing around.

As stated before, Yoshies are docile by nature. They are peaceful creatures. Too them, this Bowser was only a child. He had yet to grow into that monster that came from the future. So for now, if the young Bowser wanted to play nice, they could use another ally.

"I'm gonna hang out with you guys for a while," Bowser decided, settling down finally but staying on Yoshi's back.

They only hoped they wouldn't regret that decision later.

___

"Still no clue where the stars are?" King Bowser rumbled.

"No, sir," Kamek bowed. "But the crystal clearly says that the seven stars did fall during this time period." He held up his staff, the crystal on it's end glowing. "And I am getting a strong reading that they are resting inside the hearts of the babies."

King Bowser gave him a disproving look, unable to see anything himself in the crystal's reflection. "And you're absolutely sure that these stars are powerful enough to take over the universe?"

"No doubt about it, sir," Kamek promised. "The babies are called star children, and they each posses an extraordinary amount of power... And once they're in your royal hands, sir, the world is your oyster." He turned to face the rows of children tied up in sacks, holding his staff and looking through the crystal at them.

"Look into my crystal ball," Kamek told Bowser. "Any star child will have a star hovering above it."

Bowser stood beside Kamek looking through the crystal as he passed it in front of each of the children. Bowser began to speak, almost saying something about how he couldn't see anything, but Kamek beat him to it.