F O U R: Blood and revenge

Breakfast was simple, some bread, cheese, sausages and some kind of juice, but it was delicious after a night of drinking copious amounts of beer. After having sex Lewis and I decided to stay in our room, talking and cuddling, laughing at how random it was how we met each other. How he felt drawn towards me, and how he couldn't stop thinking about me after he left.

"I thought you had enchanted me! I couldn't stop thinking about you and giggling to myself like an idiot", he had said while I laughed. "Seriously, for a couple of days I thought you had enchanted me with some witchy potion or something."

"Love is the one thing a witch can't instill in a person's mind, you know", I had explained. "We can create the illusion of lust, but not love. It is prohibited though, because it's not ethical to control someone's mind like that. Honestly it's a whole thing, at least in my coven, and most others."

Finishing our breakfast, we went back to our room to plan things out in the privacy of those four walls that I doubt had kept our shenanigans from being heard the night before, judging by the looks we got from the Innkeeper during breakfast.

I had to improvise and wear a bandana around my neck to hide the biting marks from Lewis. I looked insane, with green corduroy pants, boots, a black knitted sweater and a blue bandana.

"I want you to stay behind, Hannah," he said point blank while he closed the door. By the way of his expression, he was already expecting me to protest.

"Of course I won't", I shook my head.

"This is my problem, I don't want you near those guys. Besides, I will be back I promise, and I already paid for another night in case you need to stay. Let me deal with this by myself."

He was right in a way, still I didn't want him going alone against at least one werewolf and who knows how many more.

No.

I was not about to let that happen, but I knew he wouldn't change his mind. He was too stubborn, and I guess he did have a point. I would have to follow him, and make sure no one knew I was watching from the shadows.

'I will step in only if Lewis needs me. This is after all his payback, but I can't let him go alone, that would be insane.'

While I was thinking on what spell I could use to cloak myself and blend in, I sighed, nodding my head in response. I didn't like lying or pretending, but going alone was idiotic.

He walked towards me, kissing me sweetly on my forehead.

With some time to kill, we decided to go for a walk and enjoy the now empty streets. We tried to have fun, saw a lot of new cool things in this highly engineered village and he laughed every time I gawked at something. But I could see the sun setting down, almost too fast for my liking. By the time we were back at the Inn, it was already time for Lewis to head to this street, and for me to find a way to follow him.

"I'll be back, I promise, I won't let him win", he said, holding my chin so that I could see his eyes. I wanted to protest, tell him that I wasn't going to let him go alone, but it didn't matter.

I was going to follow him anyway.

'Ok, it's time', I thought, pacing up and down in the room once he left. I sat on the floor, closing my eyes and I started concentrating on the chant. It wasn't going to make me invisible or anything of the sorts, but it was going to help me blend better with the shadows. I just needed to look from a place with little to no light. It wasn't a spell I had done before, but teenagers would use it sometimes to sneak out of their homes at night, so I knew it works. Kind of.