2

THE BOY, whose name Bridget learned was Percy, stayed in the infirmary for two days. From what Annabeth told her, he woke several times, once even had a small conversation, but would always fall unconscious again.

'It's seriously annoying,' the blonde complained.

'All boys are annoying,' Bridget shrugged, not looking at the blonde. Both of them were sitting on a tree branch, Bridget eating chocolate and Annabeth just sharpening her sword.

'I know, they are.'

'Annabeth!'

The two girls looked down and spotted Luke. Bridget looked at the blonde who was slowly turning red. 'Well, maybe not all boys in your case, Annie~'

'Shut it, Bree,' Annabeth hissed before calling. 'Yeah?'

'I need your help with something! Could you come?' Luke called from bellow.

'Sure!' Annabeth yelled back and looked at Bridget, blushing slightly. 'Sorry Bree, I need to go help Luke.'

'Sure.' Bridget added with a smug grin. 'Just keep the PDA to a minimum.'

'BRIDGET!'

***

BRIDGET AND ANNABETH both sat on the porch rail. Annabeth was playing Pinochle with Chiron and Mr. D while Bridget was chewing on a chocolate flavored candy.

'Mr. Brunner!'

The four of them raised their heads and saw Percy. Bridget looked at Chiron with confusion, wondering why the boy was calling the centaur 'Mr. Brunner'.

'Ah, good, Percy,' Chiron said. 'Now we have four for pinochle.'

Mr. D heaved a great sigh. 'Oh, I suppose I must say it. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. There. Now, don't expect me to be glad to see you.' Bridget rolled her eyes at the man and threw a small stone at him.

'Uh, thanks.' Bridget snickered as the boy scooted away from Mr. D.

'Annabeth?' Mr. Chiron called to the blonde, who stepped forward. 'This young lady lady nursed you back to health, Percy. Annabeth, my dear, why don't you go and tell Luke about Percy's arrival? He'll be at the Sword Fighting Arena.'

'Sure, Chiron,' Annabeth said. She glanced at the minotaur horn in Percy's hands, then back at him. The boy was obviously thinking she was going to praise him, because he looked shocked when she remarked. 'You drool when you sleep.'

With that, she sprinted off and Bridget huffed. 'Great. Not even a goodbye.'

Percy looked at the brunette and frowned. 'Er... who are you?'

'Ah, of course, how could I not tell you about this young lady,' Chiron smiled brightly. 'This, Percy, is Bridget Idalia. She's the one who informed us about your arrival at Camp Half-Blood.'

Percy looked at the girl and studied her. She had long, straight brown hair and brown eyes, equivalent to his own. She was only a few inches shorter than her, and had an athletic but lazy aura.

Bridget smiled at him and looked at Chiron as he spoke. 'Bridget, go check Percy's bunk. We'll be putting him in cabin eleven for now.'

'Roger. See ya later newbie,' Bridget saluted and ran off.