(6) HOCO Night

A week later,

Everyone was at Bellevue High, the gym was filled with students, teachers, and parental chaperones. 

The DJ played alot of fast songs which had all the girls on the dance floor, all but one. Bucky's dad James was one of the chaperones he had the night off with Joe Rogers so they were chaperoning. 

Bucky was hanging back around his dad in the dark, hiding from his ex Gabriella. When a late Brynn walked through the gym doors. 

"Wow.." he whispered 

"So that's the girl?" James said when he caught his son's sudden mood change. 

He smiled, "Yeah." He said 

"Well go ask her to dance." James said 

But just as Bucky was about to walk in that direction, Nat and the girls swarmed around her. 

"I won't be able to now." He said 

James looked over again, "The Romanoff girls? What's wrong with them besides their mother taking your mother's side." He said 

"Brynn is their stepsister, and basically banned her from me." He said 

As the night wore on, Bucky stayed in the darkness. It was finally time to announce the winners of HOCO court. They started with the freshmen class' Lady and Lord, and the Duke and Duchess of the sophomore class. Bucky's ex girl and him had won those previous titles together so she had assume that they would win again. 

"Our HOCO prince and princess is James Barnes & Brynn Underwood." 

Bucky looked up, "Holy shit.." he whispered and made his way up to the stage. 

"What the hell?" Gabriella said to her friends.

Brynn joined Bucky, "Where have you been all night?" She whispered 

"Hiding.." he mouthed

The DJ played "If You Love Her" by Forest Blakk, 

"You look beautiful tonight." He said as they danced. 

He saw Gabriella's face as he looked around he spun Brynn and pulled her back. 

"Thank you. Why were you hiding?" She said

"Just stuff." He said 

He never wanted that dance to end, having Brynn in his arms was amazing despite all the sexual thoughts in his head. When the dance was over, he kissed her cheek which made her blush. 

"Have good night Brynn." He whispered

"You're leaving?" She said 

"Yeah, I only came cause I was on court." He said as he walked away.