Chapter 6: The Corruption - Part 1 - The End of Me

Y/N's POV

Everything was peaceful and quiet. Nothing had happened and everything was normal yet again. I sort-of expected to something bad to happen, but nothing strange had happened quite yet. Though, I will admit, everything seemed a bit too quiet, especially in the city.

Little did I realize how unsafe it was out there...

I was outside training myself to be able to fly better, when I decided to take a look towards the city. When I really payed attention to it, everything was extraordinarily quiet.

I decided to investigate why.

I went flying over the city and noticed that most of the buildings had their lights out and were boarded up. That raised the questions:

What Happened?
&
How Did We Not Notice?

One thing was for sure. Someone, or something, was scaring everyone, and I'm going to find out what.

Being in the air didn't tell me much, so decided to land on the ground to get more information. Upon landing, I see something just standing there. For some reason, I decided to get a closer look.

They weren't anyone, or anything I had ever seen before. Before I could see what it was, a tentacle suddenly shot out of their back and impaled me. Thank god I'm Half-Demon, Half-Archangel or that would've killed me.

Y/N: Ow, shit! What the fuck man!?

The thing was though, when I had looked at the spot where I had been impaled, there was this strange black substance coming from it, spreading like an infection.

Y/N: What the hell? What is this?

Y/N: Wait a minute, are you trying to infect me with whatever this is?

???: . . .

Y/N: Sorry, but you're gonna have try harder than that if you want to infect me.

Y/N: Tyrael, any information on this?

Tyrael: Nothing, I've never seen it before.

Y/N: Malakith?

Malakith: This is new to me as well. I've got nothing.

Y/N: Damn. Well, whatever this infection is, it's pretty damn strong. I'm having some difficulties fighting back.

Malakith: You'll just have to hold on until we can get some more information on this, 'cause like we said, we don't know anything.

Y/N: Alright. I can fight it off for now, but it's only going to get increasingly more difficult as time goes on.

Malakith: Alright, stay safe.

Y/N: I'll try.

Y/N: I don't know what you are, but I am not about to fight you in this state.

???: It's only a matter of time.

Y/N: Whatever.

I fly back up into the air and back towards the church. It's better there than in the city. My wound has already healed, but the infection is still there. Maybe Selever knows something about it, seeing as he can look at different timelines.

Upon reaching the church, I rush inside hoping to find Selever.

Y/N: Selever! Where the hell are you damnit!?

Y/N: C'mon, I know you can hear me!

Selever: What's up Y/N?

Y/N: I've got a problem, a real big problem.