One Down

"Alright, I'm here, Zegrath!" I called out, standing in the part of Maybur that was nothing but rubble.

"I honestly thought you would have chickened out." He taunted, walking into the open.

I didn't react to his taunt, instead glancing at his weapons.

Good, he hasn't fixed them yet.

"What? No snide remarks today?"

"..."

"Very well then." He said, and then without warning, he swing his good blade at me.

Rude.

In an instant, I activated my first stage, Void Stepping far away.

"Still sticking to the same tricks are you?"

"I could say the same to you." He replied.

Oh, you have no idea what I have in mind.

I entered ShadowSoul, shrouding the area around me in black.

First, to take care of those pesky blades.

This time, no holds barred.

I focused on his other bracelet, gathering nacht in my body.

I haven't mastered this spell yet, as it stands I can only use it for a second or two.

I have to time this very carefully.

Concentrating on his working weapon, I waited for him to deploy its mechanism.

He didn't disappoint, as he aimed right at me.

Checkmate.

A black bubble covered half the bracelet, time unflowing inside the sphere. And with a bit of spatium, the bubble moved just a bit, displacing the matter inside it.

With that the bracelet split in half, the gears dropping to the ground as the blade flew at me.

Waving my arm, I created a gate into my shadow storage as the chained dagger entered it.

Closing the gate, I walked forward, "How do you like that?"

He clenched his teeth in rage, cloaking his fists in grey fire.

And moved so fast, it seemed he teleported.

Ducking under his first and second punch, I performed one of my own, enhanced with nacht, and colliding with his jaw, sending him flying off the ground.

"I can fight with my fists too you know. But am I going to only use my fists?" I asked rhetorically, summoning Solaris and Shroud.

If Solaris breaks, then so be it.

I'm not going to keep it as a trophy and never use it, what's the point of the sword then?

[That was a terrible pun.]

'I don't think it was intentional.'

I brought down Solaris in a diagonal strike when I noticed his hands inching closer to my torso, still lit with the grey fire.

Sensing the danger that it posed, I void Stepped away.

Darn, I wanted to finish this fast.

I'll need to be faster if I want that.

What was that spell Arthur used again?

Ah yes, thunderclap impulse.

Lightning surged through my body, forcibly enhancing my speed and reflexes. I pushed off with my back foot, the ground below my crumbling and flying away.