Chapter 4

Hope was pacing in her hotel room. She was furious at Landon. What did he even try to do? Was this how he tried to get Hope's humanity back? Even if he'd kissed her it wouldn't have worked. Hope would never let that happen. But then why was she so affected? Even she admitted to herself that it wasn't her usual reaction... and she wanted him to kiss her. What the fuck was going on with her? Now she was furious at herself too. Just a day ago she was considering hooking up with a random person and now this? What the hell was happening to her around Landon?

"Oh" Hope realized what it most likely was. She sat down on her bed with a sigh. Lizzie was right about Hope being sexually frustrated nowadays... sure she had her own ways to satisfy those needs but none of it was the real deal. And she was always attracted to Landon, no emotions needed to notice the muscles in his arms, his beautiful green eyes, his sharp cheekbones and those full kissable lips. This couldn't be anything other than pure physical attraction. Yes, that was it, she can accept that. The question was, how she's gonna quiet down those needs of hers.

She would figure out something, she always did. She was just glad she figured out what Landon was doing to her.

First of all, they had to leave the city before Josie and the squad would find them and would annoy them. Neither her or Lizzie wanted to deal with them.

She exeted her bedroom with her packed suitcase. Lizzie was sitting on an armchair with her legs up on its side and Landon was pacing near the entrance of the suite.

"Ready?" Hope asked in a calm tone, like nothing had happened earlier.

"Sure." Lizzie hopped off the chair. She didn't tease Hope this time, she didn't want to provoke Hope anymore. She knew Hope well and knew how far she could go with her teasing. The fact that she wasn't sure what her outburst was earlier, made her more careful around Hope. And she was right, Hope could stop tolerating her anytime and just rip her heart out if she pleased. Landon on the other hand didn't hide his nervousness, but he walked to Hope anyway, and took her suitcase with a smile.

"You okay?" He asked, looking into her eyes.

"Of course I'm okay." Hope shot an annoyed look at him and let him take her bag.

"Here, Hobbit." Lizzie threw her suitcase to Landon and he caught the heavy bag by reflex. It was at least double the size as Hope's. Landon threw the bag on the floor with ease.

"For the record, Phoenixes don't have super strength." Then he grabbed only Hope's bag, leaving through the entrance. Hope was laughing as she followed him.

Hope and Landon waited for an annoyed Lizzie at the elevator.

"So, where are we going, lovebirds?" Lizzie asked with irritation as they entered the elevator and Hope pressed the button to the parking garage. This is how long it took for her to keep her big mouth shut. But Hope wasn't even bothered by her remarks, she didn't even roll her eyes this time.

"Anywhere the road takes us." Hope shrugged.

Hope stole one of Rebekah's and Marcel's huge luxury cars from their New York residence. It wasn't like they needed it anymore. Hope hopped into the driving seat and Lizzie quickly sat beside her on the passenger seat, leaving the back seat for Landon. Hope didn't mind, at least his closeness wouldn't distract her thoughts. The drive was quiet, which didn't bother Hope. Only the music from the radio and Landon's occasional humming to the music broke the silence. Hope was surprised Lizzie didn't mock Landon at all. It was definitely weird she had been quiet for so long, but Hope was actually happy about that. She could relax her mind and focus only on the road, ignoring Landon and his presence completely. After a couple of hours Lizzie finally broke the silence.