Chapter Seven

Kevin's POV:

It was 4:57 and I was waiting anxiously in a corner booth in the shop. It was perfect because there was just enough privacy. I glanced up at the clock for the umpteenth time. 4:59. What if he didn't show? What if he did, but he didn't feel the same way? What if? What if? That's all that went through my mind. Then, at 5:00 sharp, Edd was walking into the ice cream shop.

He was ridiculously on time, but it was cute. He was wearing his usually dorky nerd outfit. Purple shorts, orange shirt, red knee socks and his black hat, but he had a litte something extra with him this time. It was a black messenger bag that he had flung over his shoulders, but was taking it off as he walked towards me.

"K-Kevin." He said as he sat down across from me. "What was so important that you had to stick a square of paper into my mouth. Very unsanitary might I add." He proclaimed. I stifled a laugh and he glared at me from across the table.

I rubbed my he back of my neck nervously. "Well, um, you see, I have to uh, tell you something." I looked at him, but he said nothing, so I continued. Luckily, I was saved by a waitress coming over.

"Hello. My name is Lindsey! I'll be serving you today. Do you know what you want or do you need a few minutes?" Said the spunky blonde haired girl. I was about to tell her we were ready, because that would give me a few minutes before I had to explain anything to Edd, but he beat me to it.

"We'll just need a few more minutes, thank you." He smiled at her and turned back to me after she was left. "There. And know you can tell me." He said. God, I really wanted to kill him for doing that, but it was so adorable how he took control of the situation to his advantage. I had to think fast.

"Uh, you know what, I have to go to the bathroom. But I'll be back." I said, slowly getting out of the booth and started to head to the bathroom.

Once in the bathroom, I frantically moved my eyes over the walls. And I found what I was searching for. A window. I climed up onto the nearest sink and unlocked the rusty window. I put all of my weight on it, but it wouldn't move. Obviously, it hadn't been used for a while. I pushed on it a few more times, using all of my strenghth, and finally it fell open. I pulled my self up and out. Once on the ground, I ran for it.