An Angel Appears

I attended a Catholic church at Lackland Air Force base in San Antonio, Texas. Barely eighteen, I had injured my foot, bad enough for it to swell up. I knew in my mind it could have been prevented. It happened when I was trying to show off, show them the eighteen year old could run quicker, be faster, jump higher; it was a preventable injury. Instead of marching in the 101 degree weather in the middle of July, I was assigned to light walking duty for three months. I would accompany female airmen to their doctors appointments. I was curious about a large air hangar building and was told that paranormal training took place there. I always asked about UFOs and any classified training that was happening? That's where I wanted to be, I wanted to learn how to astral travel. The closest I came to finding anything out was when I went to a bar. They didn't check my I.D., and I sat next to an older guy in uniform. I asked him about UFOs, and he gave me the can you quiet down gesture. He then told me he didn't know about aliens, but he has a buddy who does mental telepathy training. He didn't know how they chose people to work in that unit. I thought it was fascinating, later I would get my paranormal fix by watching The X-Files.
Two months into waiting to be discharged, I became homesick. I was disappointed in myself for failing. I went to Catholic mass depressed. I entered the chapel and prayed; I immediately felt a buzz in the air, a subtle, positive vibration of energy. I attributed the vibe to all the positive thoughts of the parishioners gathered in a small space. I prayed for the feeling of home and as though a magical wand was waved, I felt like I was home again. There was a holiness present, which gave me a sense of security and inner peace. Unfortunately, when I left the chapel, the feeling went away. Within six months I was sent back home to Salt Lake City, Utah, with a renewed sense of faith. Still longing for more proof of a divine existence.
After my discharge, I went to mass every weekend and attended catechism classes. I prayed for God to give me proof that all my prayers weren't a futile effort. I wanted concrete proof, visual proof, like seeing Jesus doing the YMCA in a ray of light. I was expecting something more than little green men on Mars type of evidence, something spectacular, like a bible falling from the sky.
I attended Catholic Mass for two years, every Sunday, each time praying for physical proof of God or any kind of proof. Nothing happened. After figuring my efforts were futile, I stopped praying for evidence. I started attending mass at my own convenience, which became once a month. On Memorial weekend, I was coming out of an electronics store on a sunny day. I happened to glance up toward the sky for no particular reason, I didn't feel prompted to, I just tilted my head up. What I witnessed took my breath away! Directly above me, I noticed a perfect cloud that was outlined as an angel. I immediately stopped in my tracks, squinted and blinked my eyes. It was a solid cloud, with a detailed feminine face, she had a small nose, perfect lips, flowing hair. She was donned with a robe, halo and beautiful majestic wings. I stared at her in amazement and was overcome with a forceful feeling of pure unconditional love, I wanted to cry tears of happiness. It was the most powerful sight and the most exhilarating feeling I had ever sensed. I had never experienced any types of drugs or substances at that point in time, but it was an ecstatic natural high.
     I said in my mind, "You are beautiful, please don't ever leave me."
Then I glanced about eight feet in front of me, and noticed a two-year-old child in a cart. He was reaching up toward the sky, with a smile on his face.
I thought, "He sees her too."
As I was watching the young child, I saw his hands drifting from straight up to moving downward. I looked up again, and it was trailing off into the distance. "No, don't leave me! Please stay!" I thought.
I looked around me, and there were other adults, looking straight forward, as though they were wearing blinders. Nobody else noticed this incredible event, maybe it was only meant for myself and the small child?. Why didn't anyone else witness or feel her presence? She was there, in plain sight!