8 Years Later ~ 1

Regina's POV:
For goodness sakes this curse was such a horrible idea, I thought I could be happy with Snow's suffering but it's not making me happy.

Well it did the first couple of months but then it got boring. She is still the happy princess even without her prince.

And me, I get lonelier by the second.

Need love in my heart, but I don't think I will ever find someone to replace Daniel so, I decided to go to Boston and adopt.

I'm in my car and I'm a few minutes away from Boston but I'm getting hungry so I'm going to stop at a fast food place and get something to eat, healthy of course.

I'm walking out of my car and I all of a sudden hear kids laughing. I turn my head and I see a bunch of teenage boys surrounding a little girl on the floor that looks about 8 or 9 years old. A few seconds later I see one of the boys grab the little girl by the shirt and brings his fist back ready to punch her.

I immediately walk over there "HEY! WHAT DO YOY THINK YOUR DOING, LET HER GO" I say angrily. The boy drops the girl and I walk over to her, she has ripped clothes on and the poor thing is all dirty. I bend down and look at her with a smile "Are you alright sweetie" she looks up at my with tears in her eyes and hugs me. I hug her back and I glare at the teens. "Where are your parents" they look scared but one of them answered.

"My-my mom is inside" I get up and pick up the little girl and I set her on my hip, she lays her head down on my shoulder and sniffles. "Let's go" I say to the boys and they walk inside.

I see them walking up to a lady sitting at a booth. "Excuse me are you this boys mother?" She looks up at me and smiles, "yes, is there a problem ma'am" I look at the girl on my hip and she is still crying silently "yes I'm afraid so. I was getting out of my car and I saw your son and his friends pushing this girl to the floor and the he tried to punch her."

The mother was shocked and looked at her son with anger "Is this true Milo"

He looks down and nods his head. She gets up and grabs his arm "why did you do that" she says angrily "because she was all dirty and we thought it was funny" I look down at the little girl who's name I still don't know and I cup the back of her head and kiss her four head and she snuggles closer to me. "Milo I'm so disappointed in you, it is not nice to bully people."

She walks up to me and looks at the girl. "Hi sweetie" she looks up but holds me tighter "I'm really sorry that my son hurt you are you ok" she nods slightly and lays her head on my shoulder again. The lady looks up at me "I'm sorry about my sons behavior" "it's quite alright dear but people won't be as understanding as I am so be careful" she nods and sits back done .

I leave to go sit down at a booth and I look at the girl, she looks up at me and smiles.

"Are you hungry" I ask with a smile. She nods her head "ok what would you like?"

"Can I have a cheeseburger with fries please" she say in a shy voice "of course you can, do you want to sit in front or next to me" "can I sit next to you please" I nod my head and we sit down.

She lays her tiny head on my arm and I smile.

After we ate our food I decided to ask her stuff "so sweetie what's your name" she looks up at me and smiles "my name is Emma." Emma? That's the name of Snow's baby, it must be a coincidence "that's a beautiful name, mines is Regina" "it's nice to meet you Regina." She says laying her head back on my arm, "so where are you parents" she looks sad "the-there at um..work" she says looking down.

I lift her chin up and she look at me in the eyes "why are you lying to me, aren't we friends" she nods her head "so please tell me the truth" "Im and orphans" she says looking down "and this couple adopted me but..." tears started to shed in her eyes "but what honey" she didn't answer she just lifter up her sleeve and there were bruises all over her arm.

I was shocked "oh Emma come here" I pull her on my lap and she buried her face in my chest and started to cry.

I shed a tear myself because I can't believe that someone would do something like this to a child.

For some reason this child reminds me of Snow's baby that she had to give up and I almost felt...bad.

"They-they be-beat m-me every single day be-before I decided to run away. They still haven't found me" I look down at her and I start to rub her back.

"Oh Emma I'm so sorry sweetie. How about this" she looks up at me and runs her eyes "do you want to come home with me" her eyes lit up "really?" She asked excitedly "of course, my house is big enough and I'm sure you will love my little town. She hugs me "thank you, thank you, thank you."

I hug her back and smile "come on. Let's go home."

We got up and walked out of the restaurant. We get to my car and her mouth drops. "Is this your car" she asks shocked. I nod my head and she smiles widely.

I open the door and she goes in and puts her seatbelt on.

Once I got in I started to drive back to Storybrooke because there was no point on going to the Adoption Center, I won't be lonely anymore with Emma. She needs me and I need her.

"So where is home" she asked in a shy voice I look at her with a smile then turn back to the road. "It's in Maine, Storybrooke" she scrunch's her tiny nose.

"That's a funny name for a town" she chuckles and I join her. "Yes well, not a lot of people know about Storybrooke. It's like a hidden gem, you'll love it."

She smiles and looks out the window. She is such a sweet girl, how can anyone treat her in such a horrible way. But she is going to be in a wonderful home. I can't wait to start a family, and finally be happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope that you guys like this first chapter. I'm my opinion I think it's pretty good, what about you?
~1186 words