II

you stared at the man with a smug smile and dark hair.
did he call you a 'broad'?
he looked at cherry than at you. looking you up and down.
"what did you just call me?"
you slowly crossed your arms over your chest, taking a look at sherri.
the redhead grabbed your arm pulling you away from the scene.
"come on" your friend huffed.

while walking away with her, you looked over your shoulder staring at the hood who was pulling out a smoke from his pocket.
you rolled your eyes, looking back to the steps in front of her entering the school.
"you said there was a new student?" you chimed, as the two of you entered the building.
cherry hummed.

"i don't know who it is, but i'll let you know." she added, then said goodbye to you.
cherry wasn't your closest friend, she had other people but the two of you only knew each other from cheer.
you smiled and waved. cherry was good to you, she treated you like any of her other friends.
pushing the door open, you entered your first class of the day. anticipating who this new student was.

sure, you liked school. more so now than you used to. it was the only time you could interact with people outside of your house.
you were now sitting in your first class of the day, it was the last few months of your senior year. people are always wondering why your brother is so protective of you.
matthew was too afraid  to lose someone else. sure, you were smart enough not to do anything dangerous. fear is what is keeping you locked up.
-

you started taking notes as everyone filled the room, going to their seats. it seemed like it was going to be a regular day.
until he walked in.

dallas.

he scanned the room, his eyes landing on you. he smirked,
looking down at his feet then began walking over to the seat next to yours.
"is this seat taken?" he asked, almost sarcastically.
he sat down anyways. 

"no," you started, "you'll sit there anyways".
and when you looked up from your notebook the hoodlum was sitting there, eyeing you. he looked like he could devour you any minute.
you were intimidated.

he was wearing a brown bomber jacket, black tee, black jeans, and a pair of chuck taylors.
it was something all greasers wore. they all had similar fashion.
however, you noticed his hair wasn't greased like the others in the school.
you have never seen a greaser with no grease in their hair.

you must've been staring while you were thinking because he opened his mouth again.
"you like what you see, baby?" he hummed.
you blinked.
"what?" you looked away.
"you were starin'." he laughed.

"listen, grease," you started, "just be nice and do your work and leave me alone".

"my my" he laughed, looking around the room then back to you. "you're feisty. i like it." he hummed, winking.
you wanted to act like you didn't see it, that it didn't make you feel anything.
but it did.
he knew how to flirt, he's flirted with every girl in the school probably.
you couldn't give it. you wouldn't.

by the end of the class, you left not giving dallas anymore of your attention.
you wanted to have your lunch with friends then finish your day.
now, you understood how people could fall for him so easily.
he was very attractive. sharp features, and striking eyes.
if you had been around him for much longer you probably would've fallen in love.

if only he had a better personality.

he was a greaser..a hood. what else did you expect?
from the way he acted around cherry, you should've expected this.
you would probably fall another one of his victims if you were going to be around him for the rest of the semester.

you found cherry and a few other of your friends at lunch. you walked over, a few of them noticing you.
"oh, y/n!" marcia smiled, waving you over to sit between her and cherry.
you smiled at the two of them, you sat down with your tray and marcia sparked a conversation.
"has anyone seen the new kid yet?" she asked, eyeing everyone cluelessly.
you nodded.
"dallas" you blurted.
cherry stiffened, her eyes landing on you.

"i have him in math." you finished, looking up from your tray of food.
"you're kidding." the redhead laughed in disbelief.
you shook your head.
"cherry. have you seen bob today?" marcia asked, looking over you.
cherry shook her head, moving food on her plate. "no."

finally. it was your last class of the day.
english.
you grabbed two textbooks from your locker and made your way to the last door in the main hallway. sometimes, classes would be shared with other grades. so, you had other friends in different grades. like ponyboy. you weren't exactly very close friends but the two of you had studied before on a poem project.
he never done you wrong, he was always such a kind kid. you would've never considered him a grease.

as you entered, you noticed the kid wasn't there. it was odd, usually, he was the first person in that class.
you gently laid your things on the wooden table and took your seat.
maybe he was just running late.
you thought. that has to be the reason.
as more students entered, they seemed to notice the grade a student's absence. you hoped he was okay. this wasn't like him at all.

you opened your textbook to what you had been working on the previous day.
you were so absorbed in reading you never noticed the figure next to you, until he cleared his throat.
you jolted, looking up and whipping your head to the cause of the noise.
of course, it was dallas. again.
you two have the same class again. great.

"miss me, honey?" he smirked.
you only laughed, going back to your textbook.
"in your dreams, hood."

—————

a/n:
hi !! i made this chapter a bit longer.

originally i had planned on this being book canon dallas but i changed my mind.
maybe a book with our blonde headed boy <3

i hope this chapter was okay, again i take any kind of criticism.
thank you all for the support so far !!
keep an eye out for chapter three !! xx