Chapter 1 - Memories

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of these characters. There is a video, that I highly recommend you play while you read this. 

-Clary's Pov-

I could not get that night out of my head. Everything went perfectly, I got a lot of views on my artwork. But the one thing that stood out that night. Was some random man. He was the most magnificent, handsome man I have ever seen. Something had drawn me to him, he was different from the others. There was something familiar about him, and I had no idea why.

"Wait? Is thee Jace Herondale feeling insecure?" I heard myself ask.

An image of me and this random guy in bed. He has a worried face, yet I could still see the love on his face.

"I love you, and I'll love you until I die. And if there's life after this then I'll love you then too," A man spoke. His voice was harmonious and beautiful. Who was this man?

"Every single cell in my body loves you. And when those cells die and new ones are born, I love you even more." I spoke. Was this a memory or a dream? If it was a memory, where was this memory coming from? That's my voice, but I don't remember any of it. He has the most beautiful face. My breathing became heavy, it felt like I could not breathe. I felt like I was suffocating. Like I was in a nightmare that I couldn't escape. What the hell was going on?

"All the legends are true," the man said. There was this echo behind his voice.

"All I care about is finding my mother. Please help me find my mother?" My voice was sad and desperate. I could hear the fear in my voice. Like I was terrified of something really important. I then saw a beautiful girl with raven black hair. Along with a tall young man, that looks identical to the young woman. But I couldn't get that handsome, young golden blonde hair boy out of my head. As I try to block him out of my mind, I start to become self-aware. I could not stop tossing and turning. There were so many images flooding my mind. There was this tall, scaly creature, and its eyes were pitch black. Like there was no humanity in them like he had no soul.

All of a sudden I bolted up, waking myself up. I could not breathe, as I frantically looked around. My room was pitch black, and I was covered in multiple drawings. I take one of them and look at it. It was of that handsome guy I have been dreaming of. I begin to frantically search all the others. Every single one of them was him. I then got the itch to draw this random symbol. I needed to get out of the house. I jump out of bed and throw on a giant hoodie and some sweatpants. I grab my house keys on the way out and lock the door. It was so cold that I could see my own breath. I look up at the night sky, thinking about everything that's going on.

Am I going crazy? What is wrong with me? I can not stop thinking of him. His long, chiseled face. His golden hair and golden eyes, but what made me so curious about him. How the hell do I know him? And what the hell do those tattoos mean? I came to a stop at the park. The pond had a few lily pads. A mother duck was swimming around with her babies following. It was so silent, the only noise that I heard was the family of ducks and some crickets. I walk over to the bench and sit down, staring at the stars. Everything was so peaceful, and beautiful. But as I was staring into the night, I began to feel butterflies, as I replay those visions in my head. As I try to knock them out of my mind, I grab my phone and check the time. It was 2:00 am and I was exhausted. I slowly get up and make my way home.

Once I got home, I quickly changed and plopped down in bed. The sound of the pouring rain had easily put me to sleep. The room was dark and extremely silent. The last thing on my mind was him.

                                                                                            ***

The next morning, I woke up with my head pounding. It hurt to even move, the pain was unbearable. It was like a thousand angels yelling in my head. My skin started burning. Nothing was stopping it and I could not stop freaking out. Why was this happening? I get up out of my bed and start walking around. Trying to get rid of the pain. My neck begins heating up, becoming really hot. I was like I was on fire. I couldn't hold in my pain anymore, I let out a painful scream. Then all the pain just stopped. Out of nowhere. There was this small tingly sensation left on my neck. Tears were left in my eyes. I grab my purse, along with my jacket and phone. My keys to my dorm were in my purse.