Moving In

DISCLAIMER: I do not own these characters.

-Clary's Pov-

The next morning I woke up with everything on my mind. I was ready to get back to my old life. I need to pack up my stuff out of my apartment and move everything back to the institute and go back to training and fighting. Other than art being a shadowhunter is what I do best. I turn around to see Jace looking at me. I face him and move closer to him and snuggle closer.

"Morning, beautiful. How did you sleep?" I hear Jace's deep voice ask.

"Morning, I slept alright. I had this idea that I want to make happen though," I say.

"What is it?" He asks.

"I want to pack up everything and bring it back here. I'm ready to get back to this life. To you, and I don't want to have one foot out the door in case something bad happens. I want to be fully in, no matter what. I will not leave you ever again. Any of you, no matter what happens."

"Wait really?" He asks, shockingly.

"When I left I felt distant. Not happy like something was missing. This is what I was missing. You and the shadow world. I miss it so much and I love fighting and doing what's right. I know now that I was never meant for the mundane world. And I don't intend on going back." I say, tearing up.

"Alright, we will tell everyone and will get everyone to help." Jace says, and kisses my head.

Getting up, pulling me with him. We both take a quick shower and Jace goes to get his clothes. I collect a simple outfit and put on some simple makeup. Jace and I meet up in the kitchen with everyone surrounding us. I look down at my hands and I see that they are shaking. Jace sees this and grabs my hands, holding them in his hands.

"We have something to tell you." Jace says.

"I have decided to come back to the shadow world. I have missed it dearly, and I don't intend on leaving ever again. So today I would like to ask you guys if you could help us pack up my stuff and move them here?" I ask. Grins appear on all of their faces. Izzy begins to squeal and they all nod their heads excitedly. Jace and I started smiling very big and jumped into a hug. I pull away from Jace and pull Izzy towards me.

"That being said, are you ready to start training to become parabatai?" I ask.

"I would love to Clary. We can start later, after you're all moved in." I nod my head and giggle. We pull apart and everyone makes their way to the car.

                                                                                              ***

After 20 minutes, we had finally arrived at my apartment and started packing. Once I step inside my mundane life flashes before my eyes. I am really giving up my mundane life. It's so surreal. It's almost hard to believe that this is finally coming to an end. Before I can think about it more, Jace comes up behind me and rubs my shoulder. I lean into his touch and close my eyes. His soothing voice begins to speak.

"How are you feeling? I know this can be overwhelming."

"I'm alright I guess. It's just hitting me that this is officially the end of my mundane life. I'm going to miss it." I said.

"Are you sure you want to do this? You don't have to and we can live together as mundanes." He spoke. That last sentence he said caused me to turn around and look at him.

"You would do that for me?" I ask.

"I would do anything for you, as long as I'm with you. I wouldn't mind being a mundane if that meant having a life with you. Growing old with you, surrounded by our children and grandchildren." His voice cracked as he spoke this. Tears were at the brim of his eyes. As were mine.

"I love you,"

"I know you do." He says with a hint of his cockiness. I smile at his reply. As he looks at me and tells me he loves me. Kissing my head and hugging me one last time. After we pull apart, we both separate and help the others with packing.

With all of us packing up my stuff it had only taken a few hours. By the time we went to the institute it was dark. We put the boxes in my room. And came back down to hang out. Now that I think about it, I have no idea if I'm going to move into Jace's room or stay in mine. I am going to need to talk to Jace about it. After a little bit I decided to go up to my room. The others are in a deep conversion that I didn't want to interrupt. I lay down on my bed and close my eyes. All my worries went away as I began to drift off to sleep.

"Mommy?" I heard a little girls voice say. Causing me to turn around. Everything was dark and there was this distant echoing sound. Almost like I was in a cave.

"Mommy, help me." the girls voice spoke again.

"Hello?" I ask. I could feel this warmth around me. Like there was someone hugging me. An image of a girl finally appeared. A little girl that looked like she was about a year and a half in age. She had golden blond long hair with beautiful soft curls near the bottom. Big sparkly green eyes. Full lips, chubby cheeks which she would obviously lose once she got older. Light brown freckles that kind of looked like mine. She was basically Jace's twin, just with my eye color and freckles. Which confused me because Jace and I never had a kid.

"Mommy, I'm here. Please help me." She spoke to me. Staring directly into my eyes almost like she was staring into my soul.

"I'm sorry honey, you must be mistaken. But I'm not you mommy." I said to her crouching down.

"Mommy, remember me. Please," she begged. I was about to object when she reached her hands out to me. Placing them on my hands. Her warmth immediately covered my body. She closed her eyes and I could feel her heartbeat. I swear I felt like I was seeing things because then I could have sworn angel wings began to show. She began to step closer to me. Wrapping her baby arms around me.

Whispering into my ear "Remember me, mommy."

Why was my heart beating out of my chest? Why did it feel like I knew her? Tears fell down my face. As I hugged her back. But the minute I began to squeeze her back, she disappeared. Causing me to jump awake. Gasping for air, as I get out of the bed. Jace then comes into my room. Seeing me freaking out, causing him to run straight over to me.

"Clary, are you okay?" Jace panicked. But I couldn't answer.

"Ok, Clary take deep breaths." Jace said. I follow what he said. And once I started to calm down I finally answered.

"I had a dream."

"I know, I saw." I immediately jerked my head to look at him.

"What do you mean you saw?" I ask.

"I was having a conversation with the rest of the guys, when I suddenly stopped being able to hear them. I couldn't talk or move. It was like I was in a trance and all I saw was you and her." Jace says.

"She was calling me mommy," I finally said.

"I know and the weird thing is she looked exactly like me with your eyes. Did we have a child that I don't know about." He asks.

"If we did, then I clearly don't know about it either. But it was breaking my heart to hear the pain and desperation in her voice."

"Yeah, but how could she be so developed in talking and walking. She looked to be about a year and a half."

"Oh my god Jace, she had angel wings. I could feel the mother daughter bond with her."

Jace looks at me with confusion in his eyes and I can't blame him because so am I. There was this aching pain in my heart. And a pit in my stomach.

"There's no way she could be ours right? Clary, were you pregnant?"

"No, there's no way I could have been pregnant. And if I was, why don't I remember?" This was so confusing. What did she need help from? Who was she? Jace pulls me into a hug, my face was still wet from the tears. I tighten my hold on Jace. Pulling him down to lay with me.

"Maybe we should just sleep it off. It could have been a dream." Jace spoke. I nod my head and get under the covers. We turn off the lights and cuddle into each other's arms. Was it really a dream? It seemed so real, and why did she feel real? I could feel her heartbeat and the love she had for me and Jace. But there was no way she could be ours, right?