Chapter 2 - Reunited

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of these characters.
^Clary's Bikini ^

-Clary's Pov-

The next morning I woke up in Jace's arms for the first time in forever

The next morning I woke up in Jace's arms for the first time in forever. He looked so peaceful and happy. He had a small smile on his face. The dark circles showed how sleepless he had been ever since I left. I feel so bad for all the pain he went through. I need to find some way to make it up to him. I gently move my body out of his grip and make my way to the kitchen. He definitely has not been taking care of himself. He deserves it, so few rest days so I am going to make him a giant breakfast in bed.

                                                                                             ***

I am finally done with breakfast. I had made him scrambled eggs along with bacon and sausage. I added a cup of orange juice and a small vase with a rose in it. As I am walking back to my room, I heard crying. I quietly walk into the room, seeing Jace sobbing on the bed. I place the tray of food on the bedside table and sit on the bed next to him.

"Hey what's wrong?" I ask.

"S-Stop, you aren't real," he said.

"W-What are you talking about? Of course, I'm real."

"N-No it's just a dream," he sobs.

"Jace, honey I am real."

"No, No I won't let my mind trick me anymore. J-Just go away!"

"Jace looks at me, I'm real, I won't go anywhere." Jace slowly looks up and I could see all the sadness in his eyes.

"You're really real?" he says.

"Yes I am, I promise."

"P-Please don't leave me this time," His voice was so broken, it killed me to see him in this much pain.

"I won't," I said. I pull him into a hug and he quickly wraps his arms around me. Holding me tightly as if he was showing how much he had missed me. His head was in my neck, quietly sniffing. I could feel his entire body shaking with fear, along with his heart beating out of his chest.

"W-Where did you go?" I heard him speak.

"I wanted to make up for causing you so much pain. I made you some breakfast and I was going to serve you it in bed," I said, slowly letting go. Although he pulled me back and kept me in his arms. He moves his head and looks at the tray of food on the bedside table.

"Did you eat?"

"Yes, but I know you didn't take care of yourself while I was gone. I figured you needed a goodnight's sleep and a good breakfast." I said.

"I missed you. So much," he said.

"I missed you too, even when I didn't remember you. I knew you were still out there somewhere," I said. Jace pulls away and pulls me in for a kiss. It was very short and sweet but it was like it was his way of saying thank you. When we pull away I place my forehead on top of his.