Meds

*Y/N's POV*

"Hi I'm here to pick up my medicine my last name is *insert your last name here*" I said as I walked up to the pharmacist counter. 

"Alright, no problem let me just look up your file here to see if you have a refill in stock." She said with a bitchy looking smile on her face. 

"Okay, so it says here that you can't pick up your meds until the 27th of November. You're going to have to come back then to get them." She said looking up at me. 

"Why can't I get them today?" I asked extremely confused. "Because you got your last refill on the 20th of October, so if I were to give you your newest refill now along with the October refill, you'd most likely abuse them." She said with yet again that bitchy ass smile on her face.

(It's currently the 19th of November in the timeline.)

"Excuse me? Did you just accuse me of abusing my medication?" I asked flabbergasted.  "If the shoe fits.." She mumbled. 

"Not like it's any of your business, but I usually get my medication through the mail. USPS fucked it up so I haven't had my October meds" I unnecessarily explained with a sigh of frustration.

 "It's making me physically ill and if I don't get my medication soon I will have major health complications so with the utmost disrespect give me my fucking meds." I said getting unbelievably angry. 

"I won't give prescribed drugs to an addict come back on the 27th. it's only a week away. I'm sure you can wait that long." She said with venom in her tone. 

"I can't come back in a week because I will be out of town for work, I need the medicine please." I said still with the same stark tone in my voice. 

"I'm not able to do that for you today. Please come back the 27th." She responded with another smile on her face. 

I'm starting to get a migraine and I just want my fucking medicine so I can feel better dude. "Can I please speak with your supervisor?" I asked as politely as I could. "You're looking at her sweet heart." She said. 

I gave up. I walked away got in my car and started panicking. I'm going to get sick soon without my medicine and I don't have the money to pay for all of those bills right now. 

I called the only person I knew would answer. "Hey Y/N what's going on? Are you okay? You don't look so good." My long distance girlfriend Billie said over FaceTime. 

"I'm not good, I haven't taken my meds since September." I said sadly. "What?! Y/N that was two months ago what happened? Are you alright?" She asked with urgency in her voice. 

"I was never sent my October refill, the pharmacy won't give me my November refill and the pharmacist doesn't believe that I never got the October dose." I said starting to tear up at the thought of what the next few weeks would entail.

"You'll get really sick without your meds though. The last time I saw you without them you got really sick." Billie recalled in such a sour voice cringing at the thought. 

"I know, but there's nothing I can do about it. They think I'm abusing the drugs." I said with a sigh as tears of frustration started to run down my cheeks.

 "You're not though. That's absolutely ridiculous. I'll figure this out you'll have your meds by tomorrow baby don't worry." 

Billie definitely is a woman of her word because a day later both prescriptions are laying on my doorstep. I love her with everything in me.