Yeodeol (fate)

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

"You two better go home now. You've had enough." I told Dahyun and Momo.

"Tss. I'm alright. This creature right here can't even open her eyes." Dahyun pointed at Momo who is now peacefully sleeping in the couch.

"I can't take you two home. I've somewhere else to go." Sana said.

"I'll drive you two." I told Dahyun.

"Okay then. Let me carry her. I know their house." Dahyun said and lifted Momo from her seat. She looks like a bag of cabbage.

"Let's go." I said and made our way out. We're now outside when we saw Mina by her car.

"I thought she already left." Sana whispered but I heard it clearly.

Dahyun fixed Momo at the backseat and wemt beside her.

"Can I sit here? She might fall over if she's alone at the back." Dahyun said hopefully.

"Of course." I said and turned to Sana.

"You guys go ahead. I'm just gonna talk to her." Sana said fixing her jacket.

"You sure? Did you bring your car?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'll get going now. Bye guys. Take care of Momo." She said and went to Mina.

I watch them talk for a while. I don't want to leave so suddenly that's why I decided to stay and watch Mina and Sana, talking.

A few minutes later, I saw Sana pulled Mina to her. Looks like they're about to kiss.

I'm not supposed to feel this but, am I jealous? Why do they have to be that close?

Whatever. I don't care anyway. They can do whatever the hell they want.

But out of curiosity, I tried to listen to their conversation. I went closer but not close enough for them to see. I looked back at my car and saw Dahyun spacing out, bitting her nails and chewing it. Some things never change.

I turned my attention back to the two and listened.

"I like you Mina." 

What..

"Look, Sana, to tell you the truth, I like you too."

Good, good for you.

I felt betrayed. Didn't she just kissed me a while ago?

This is nothing. I'm just probably jealous of the thought that my friends have their lovers while I don't. Yes, that's probably it.

I went back to my car and got inside. I saw Dahyun already sleeping. She wrote Momo's address on her forehead, for me to see of course. Clever, but stupid.

I drove away from the club and wemt straight home after driving Dahyun and Momo to their houses.

I took a quick shower and decided to sleep early. I am now lying on my bed, thinking.
What have I done. Did I insulted her? I don't think so. I just warned her. Sana can be playful sometimes. She just seem so innocent and kind. It's for her own good.

I just shrugged my shoulders and went to sleep.

Tomorrow be damned, I'm tired. I'm just gonna sleep this off.

SANA'S POV

"I like you too."

Is this for real?

"You do?" I asked Mina who is blushing hard right now.

"Yes, but honestly, I don't think I can be in a relationship right now." she said frankly and I felt relieved.

"Well that's good to hear." I asked, chuckling.

"Why? Am I really that ugly to be with? Am I not your type? " she said sounding a bit disappointed.

"Well, you are actually. It's just that, I want to be honest with you. I like you, yes, but, I think we can't be more than friends. And I want to have a clear conscience if I'm gonna be friends with you. I don't want to keep secrets. If you are offended in any way, I am sorry but I don't intend for you to be."

"That's fine. Well, I don't want to be in a relationship now because there's a lot at stake here. I mean you're drop dead gorgeous and very attractive.." she said not realizing what she just told me.

"Am I now?" I said while grinning.

"Yaahhh! Don't be like that! You're so arrogant!" Mina said slapping my arm

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Okay okay! HAHAHA stop it."

"What I mean is that, I like you, but, I can't be with someone who I don't know fully."

"True. And besides, we don't want to hurry things up. We can just be friends. And about earlier, if you think I'm touching you because I want to have sex with you, you got it all wrong sweetie. I'm just naturally clingy. I even kiss my friends out of the blue. They hate it. HAHAHAHA. "

" That explains why you've been tickling me ass hole.". Mina said, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah but I'm not a perv. I respect everyone." I said which earned a smile from her.

"So, friends?" I offered my hand to her. She looked at it for a second then smiled.

"Friends." she shook my right hand and breathed out.

"Whooo I feel so light. I don't have to hide from you or anything knowing we are friends now." she said then chuckled. She's really adorable when she does that.

"Me too. I hope it won't be awkward for us too at school?"

"It won't, and besides, you're friends with Dahyun and she's hitting on my best friend so, we'll likely see each other at school everyday." she answered. So Momo really likes Dahyun? She's so lucky.

"One more thing, about what happened earlier. You--you hugged me and told me you like me right? What was that all about?"
she asked, looking so confused.

"Let's just say, I was trying something. If my speculations are right, I might just be the best matchmaker there is." I answered her.

"I'm just going to pretend that I understood everything you just said though I didn't get any of it. HAHAHA."

"Okay then. let's go? My cars that way. We'll just have someone to pick this up for you." I pointed at her car.

"Okay." she smiled and we left together.

I didn't tell her the real reason behind all this. I might offend her. I liked Mina before. I thought about it for a while and planned to confess and court her. But when I saw how she looked at my friend earlier, I know there's something. And Chaeyoung never smiled for anyone like that after what happened to her past relationship. So I decided to just back off and let them be. I think they make a great couple. And besides, I'm still waiting for her. Someone who will hopefully see me one day, not just as a friend, but as a lover too. I hope she won't break her heart. But if she does, I'll be right here to fix it.

×××××××

lame. btw, Saranghae 😘