My tired wife saved my life

(Tw: suicide mention)

A small dimly lit room. One small candle lit in the corner of the wooden desk lighting up a small corner of the room where a silhouette of a man sat there. He was tapping the desk with the tip of his pencil's led. The sound echoed throughout the empty room. His wedding ring glimmered in the small light that was provided, along with a sparkle in his eyes from the light. His glasses covered his deep brown eyes as the light reflected off them causing a glare on the lenses. He continued tapping his pencil on his lined paper titled "Goodbye my love."

That's when he heard footsteps coming from the hall behind him. He turned his head to see his wife in her robe. He could see the straps to her black laced bra from under her robe that crossed over her light tan shoulders. She had long deep brown hair that draped down but it was still damp from her shower before bed. She had bags under her eyes from being sleepy and she slowly walked to the corner of the room. She turned on the small lamp that was in the corner so she could see her husband better. It took a moment for his eyes to adjust when his wife spoke in a soft sleepy and sad tone, "honey, come back to bed..."

He continued looking down at his paper still tapping his pencil when he said, "I have something to do at sunrise..." he responded in a soft yet serious tone. His wife walked over and wrapped her arms around him with her arms around his neck and her hands wrested on his chest.

His wife looked at the time and it was 4am and she looked out the windows. "It's still dark outside..."

He responded swiftly, "I know..." he hesitated before continuing trying to find words that wouldn't worry his wife. "I j-just need to write something down." He said looking down.

"Why don't you write it in the morning..." she said as she buried her nose into his neck and she kissed it softly. She whispered into his ear, "come back to sleep..." she whimpered as she gripped his shirt tightly.
She sighed knowing he wasn't coming and she kissed his neck once more and she slowly unwrapped her arms from around him and she started to walk off. "Well I'm going back to sleep..."

"Hey..." he said as he grabbed her hand stopping her from leaving as she looked back at him.
"I love you. You're perfect. You deserve to be happy. Don't let anything take your happiness away." He said and he grabbed her hand and kissed the top of it.

She gave him a warm loving smile. "I love you too.... Please head to bed soon... it's late... goodnight..." slowly she left the room and went back to bed.

He turned back to his paper and it said under the headline, "I'm sorry I couldn't keep fighting for you. This is my death note to you. If your reading this I passed due to suicide. I don't want you to believe I didn't love you, because that's not true. In fact you were what was keeping me fight in all this t-." It was cut off as if it was never completed.
He remembered the feeling of her kissing his neck and holding his hand. Her smile she gave him... he wasn't ready to leave her.
Just one more night he told himself as he took of his glasses and set his ring on the paper. He slowly stood up and turned off his lamp his wife turned on, and he blew out the small candle before he made his way back to his and his wife's bedroom for one more night together.

He made it in bed and she wrapped her arms around him and buried her nose into his chest. He wasn't ready to leave her. Not yet. He needed this. He needed her. He just needed to wait till she left, just like everyone else. Once she does... he'll be free to do what he wants to do.