2 - drive me around town

.:{🌻}:.

you chuckled as the tweet popped up in your notifications, quickly giving it a like whilst you felt your friend watch you over your shoulder

you chuckled as the tweet popped up in your notifications, quickly giving it a like whilst you felt your friend watch you over your shoulder. "see, y/n? wasn't taking a break a great idea?" newt asked with a grin, jostling their iced tea as the two of you continued to walk. you'd now stopped at a little park to take a stroll in, as well as grab some ice cream.

you hated to admit it but newt was right, you'd really needed this break and it felt relieving to fuck around for a bit again. even if it was just driving around town singing your heart out to ABBA and Arctic Monkeys, it was still a lot of fun. you turned to your friend next to you (who was currently occupied with drinking their drink), and halted.

after a couple more paces, newt realized you'd stopped moving and looked back at you in confusion. "thank you.... for doing this. dragging me out of my cave and forcing me to have fun. really means a lot." you mumbled awkwardly, fiddling with your fingers as you spoke. you'd always had a hard time being vulnerable with people, admitting when you were wrong was sorta not your style.

you were suddenly engulfed in a hug, the smell of cinnamon and apple juice filling your nose and newt brought you closer to themself. "no worries y/n/n*, i know how you get sometimes. that's my job... bringing you back to the sun after you spend too much time in the dark." they smiled, pulling away from the hug with their eyes trained on you. you nodded, returning a smile to your friend.

the silence was quickly broken by a sudden nostalgic chime, both of you whipping your heads in direction of its source. you quickly glanced back at eachother, wide grind splitting across your faces.

"let's get ice cream!"

_________

you waved goodbye as you walked into the apartment, groceries slung on your arm as you locked the door behind you. you walked towards the kitchen counter and began to put everything away whilst you reflected on the day. it'd been fun, you forgot how good of a friend newt is sometimes.

"did you have a good time?" you looked up at the sudden voice, noticing june leant onto the counter with a mug of hot cocoa in their hands. you chuckled, closing up the cabinets as you put away the last few things. "yeah, i did. we drove around then got some ice cream." you chuckled, remembering how excited newt was that he ended up tripping over his own feet. june smiled, setting the mug down as they turned to face you.

"i'm glad. i've been worried about you, y/n. i know college is super scary and all,, but you just gotta remember to sit back and enjoy the little things, yeah?" june smiled sadly, moving to wrap you in a hug (what was with people and hugging you today?). you hugged them back, patting their back gently with a smile. "don't worry junebug, i got you and newt to help look after me. i promise i'll try not to get too insane with college stuff and take more breaks." you pressed a small kiss into their hair, pulling away to look at them directly.

"ok.... you better not break that promise." june teased, earning a small ruffling of their hair. "i won't, swear!" you giggled, beginning your trekk back towards your room. "i'm gonna go to bed now, good night june!" you called towards them, gripping onto your doorhandle. "it's 12!" you ignored your sibling's retort as you shut the door, flinging yourself into your bed.

gently moving your notebooks and laptop off your bed, you began to cozy up under the thick comforter. when your face was decently shaded from the sunlight, you closed your eyes and let out a breath. sleep finally came to claim you.

.: {☁️} :.

soft piano music slowly began to flow into your ears, lulling you back into consciousness. you groaned in confusion, realizing that your pillow had suddenly become hard and cold. curious and groggy, you opened your eyes to be blinded by chandeliers and glass refractions. groaning, you covered a hand over your eyes as you slowly stood yourself up. what the hell were you wearing?

you slowly began to blink, looking around as your eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness only to be met with more confusion. looking down, you practically gaped at the fancy clothes you were draped in, lifting up your arms to get a better look at yourself before looking around.

"where the fuck am i!?"

.: {☁️} :.

note;;
yooooooo i'm back after being fucking dead
bc i'm in america i'm now on thanksgiving break, so no school for a week woooo colonizer holiday /s
but anyways hopefully that means ill have more time to work on this
sorry if this chapter is kinda lame,, trying to get back into writing aaaa
anyways, hope you all have a great rest of your day!! love you, drink water, bye 💕

glossary
y/n/n - your nickname