Three years - Lander

TW: su*c*de. I'm sorry, but it's true.

...
Luke and Zander were in Luke's bedroom. They were chatting and it was starting to get late.

The sunset had already passed and night was upon them, but Zander's heart spoke for him.

It wasn't too romantic or anything, but it was a heartfelt little confession.

Zander's face had a dreamy shine to it as he looked directly at Luke.
He seemed so radiant and stunning.

Zander took Luke's hand and looked into his eyes as he did so.

He then uttered a few words.

Three words exactly.

Three words that would later confuse Luke.

The words that he wouldn't ever be able to tear away.

'I love you.' Zander smiled.

'It's embarrassing, but... I guess it would be nice to say that I'd quite enjoy spending the rest of my life with you.'

Luke sat in front of the small boy, silent.

He didn't quite know what to say to the words that had been uttered before him.

'I... love you t-'
Luke said quietly before abruptly waking up with tears dripping down from his face and onto the bed covers.

'Why... why am I crying?'

Luke put his hand up to his face and felt that the tears were still falling. He couldn't make them stop... yet he didn't know why.
...

'Goodbye, mother! I'm going over to Hailey's for music practice.' Luke shouted out before grabbing his red coat and leaving.

Luke walked down the pavement with his headphones on and he hummed along to the song he was listening to.

'Zander... WAIT! HE TOLD ME HE LOVED ME?' Luke shouted out loud and turned red.

'Dammit- now music practice is going to be all embarrassing.' Luke huffed.

He secretly felt overjoyed about it though.

He'd loved Zander since they were so young... now it's reality.

Luke displayed a faint smile on his face before walking up to Hailey's house and knocking on the door.
...

'Hey, Luke! Come in.' Hailey greeted him with a grin.

Luke nodded as a thank you and walked through the door.
He placed his shoes on the floor before walking into the living room.

Hailey went into the kitchen to make them all drinks.
Sean, Milly and Jake were all sitting on the sofa.

'Luke!!' Milly shouted as she ran up to him all giggly and jumped onto his back.

'Hi, Milly!' Luke laughed.

Sean and Jake waved at Luke.

A confused tone became apparent on Luke's face as he looked around the room.

'Where's Zander?' Luke asked.

The sound of shattering glass could be heard from the kitchen and Hailey poked her head around the corner with a terrified expression.

'Z- Zander...?' Milly said with a small and scared face.

Everyone in the room also appeared to look uneasy and shocked by the mention of Zander's name.

Luke was confused and he nodded his head.

'Yeah. Where is he? In his room??'

Hailey walked up to Luke and placed both of her hands on his shoulders while looking down at the ground.