I've Found You - Lander

Zander leaned against the railings as he stared out at the river. It was getting dark and the street lights lit the water up.

Zander's hands started to shake and his hair was all messy from the wind.

It was an uncomfortable silence as Zander awaited Luke's arrival.

He'd usually feel happy and excited about meeting Luke, but this time he felt anxious and his teeth clicked faster and harder as he waited.

It had to be done though. He couldn't risk hurting him.

'Zander!' Luke shouted as he ran up to his boyfriend and hugged him from behind.

A rose was held in Luke's hand.

Zander's eyes were closed and he was stiff in Luke's touch.

'Don't touch me...'

Luke pulled away and rubbed his neck.

'I'm sorry, love... I should've asked.' Luke apologised.

Zander's teeth were clenched and he started to cry.

'DON'T CALL ME THAT!' He shouted loudly as his messy hair blew faster and the tears dropped to the ground in aggression.

Luke dropped the rose in confusion and he now held a worried expression on his face.

'Lo- Zander, are you okay?' Luke asked.

Zander was just standing there, all still and quiet while staring at the ground.

'I'm sorry for what I'm about to say... but- you don't deserve me!'

Luke froze and stared back at Zander who was now hysterically crying.

'What do you mean? Of course I do...' Luke said in a quiet voice.

Zander turned his back away from Luke again and looked out at the river with teary eyes.

'I mean that we should break up...'

That sentence was the one that finally shattered Luke's heart.

Tears began to drip down Luke's face and he looked down at the ground then back up at Zander.

The shattered glass heart was digging painfully into his chest.

'Zander, love- I mean Zander... w... why?' Luke said with a croaky, stuttering voice.

Zander turned around to run up to Luke and he put his hands onto Luke's chest.

'DON'T YOU SEE? I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU! I NEVER WAS and I never will be...'

'You shouldn't have to deal with my insecurities just because of me... I don't want to break your heart.' Zander shouted as he looked up into Luke's eyes.

Luke was in a pure state of shock after hearing Zander's words.

He should've never had to go through all that alone... he should never feel like he's worthless!

Luke's love for Zander was pouring out of him, but at the same time his shattered heart was nearly piercing through his skin.

He didn't know what to say... or what to do.

'Goodbye, Luke...' Zander said as he started to walk off before Luke grabbed a hold of his hand while looking down at the ground with a sad expression.

Luke then looked back up at Zander and started sobbing uncontrollably.

'DON'T YOU EVER DARE SAY THAT YOU AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH! YOUR INSECURITIES AREN'T FOR YOU TO DEAL WITH ALONE... you aren't alone, Zander.' Luke screamed.

Zander stared at Luke with painful love in his eyes.

'I'm so proud of you. I'll fight your battles with you...' Luke continued.

Zander stood there for a few seconds to take Luke's words in before finally giving up and dropping into his arms.

'Shh... it's okay. I'm here. I've got you.' Luke said gently and he hugged Zander tightly.

'I feel so lost...' Zander whispered as he cried into Luke's neck.

'And I've found you.'

Zander looked up at Luke again and kissed him deeply while stroking his cheek and crying.

Once they had parted, Zander looked into Luke's eyes with his own magnificent amethyst ones.

'Please don't ever leave me...'

Luke put his hand onto his heart and smiled at Zander reassuringly.

'I won't... I love you so much. We're in this together, right?'