Introduction

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

For over centuries the North Realm has been united under the rule of the Patriarch, a king who keeps the peace and order

For over centuries the North Realm has been united under the rule of the Patriarch, a king who keeps the peace and order. Each region, fronted by its ruling House has convened at a council that occurs once a lifetime.

Be not mistaken, through the smiles and gestures of gratitude there are daggers around every corner.

Since the days of the conquest that began four centuries ago, House Staedmon had ruled over the realm with an iron fist. The patriarch is seen by many as a ruthless dictator who wishes to subsume each kingdom into one homogenous culture. Homosexuality is prohibited, the practise of magic is punishable by death, and the gods scorned as stories for the old and weak.

Every fifty years, the Patriarch's family holds what is called The Council of Hofescar, a period wherein the Great Houses are invited to the Capital to feast and politic. The air of democracy is of course an illusion, but many see it as an opportunity for great change for their region.

This council has been hotly anticipated, but with a weary eye. Patriarch Karsan is a rash man with a devilish eye, and the leaders of the Great Houses no doubt come with knives up their sleeves and vials of poison in their throats. After all, everyone fancied themselves King of the Realm, when the chance arises. Do not be mistaken by the smiles in their eyes, or the gifts of silver and pearls; the Lords and Ladies of the Realm are as devious, and power hungry as the next. There's a reason why their houses remain 'Great' - they step on people to get ahead.

But trouble is ahead. Amongst the nest of vipers there lies a silent sorcerer, who knows the time is now to liberate the people of the North Realm before it is too late. They wish to awaken the latent powers of the young to save the realm from its spiral to the depths.

▬▬▬▬▬
NORTHBOUND
applyfic 2022