day 3: holiday movies (wandavision fam)

characters: wanda maximoff, vision, billy maximoff, tommy maximoff, agatha harkness

where they're from: marvel cinematic universe/wandavision (disney+)

❄❄❄

Holidays in the Maximoff household were... chaotic, to say the least. Of course, Dottie always outdid herself with decorations, but Wanda was determined to have the best decorated house on the block this year.

Since the twins weren't to be trusted with decorating, Wanda left Agatha in charge of distracting them with movies.

"So kids, what do we want to watch?" Agatha asked, sitting in front of the TV with a plate of messily-frosted sugar cookies.

"Every. Single. Christmas. Movie. Ever." Tommy had already eaten most of the remaining frosting from the tin, his mouth covered in green.

"There's too many Christmas movies to watch," Billy argued. "I say we watch Elf."

"No, we should watch the Grinch!"

"Would it be ridiculous to suggest the Nightmare Before Christmas?" Agatha interrupted, biting into one of the cookies.

"That's not a Christmas movie!" The twins responded in unison before returning to arguing. They kept arguing until Vision stepped in, asking what all the ruckus was about.

"Tommy won't agree that Elf is the best Christmas movie!"

"I never said it wasn't the best movie, I just said that we should watch the Grinch first!" Tommy retorted, crossing his arms.

"What about Home Alone?" Vision suggested.

Billy and Tommy exchanged a look, then nodded in agreement. Agatha nodded gratefully to Vision, who dipped his head and phased through the wall to help his wife with decorations. The boys watched the movie with rapt attention, eyes glazed. About halfway through, Tommy began to drift off. Billy hardly noticed from his spot on the floor. By the end of the movie, both Billy and Tommy were asleep, each still holding a cookie. Agatha covered them each with a blanket, shaking her head in fond amusement.

"Youth these days."

qotd: favorite holiday movie?

aotd: elf !! it's a classic