31.

"This is your flat?" Shane gasps, dropping my bag onto the floor. His blue eyes are enormous, taking in Louis' flat.

"You're drooling," I joke softly, staying on the couch.

"This place puts ours to shame," Derek notes with raised eyebrows, looking around as well.

"My dad owns it," Louis chuckles, reminding them once more. Shane double blinks with a shake of his head. Finn is in the bedroom, still barking because he hears their voices. Louis locked him up in the bedroom while they brought over some of my things. Hannah packed up what she thought I would need for now, and they brought it over so I could relax. I couldn't be more thankful for them.

"You see, you stay with Louis all semester in this suite of a flat and hell, even next semester, and you won't have to worry about that asshole finding you," Derek points out, trying to convince me to stay once more.

"I'm still leaving in January," I note, tilting my head. Shane makes a face of disgust, which only makes me laugh. None of them wants me to go, and part of me doesn't want to go because of them, but it's what's best.

"You have two weeks to decide before it's official. I think we can convince you to stay," Shane chuckles. I let out a tiny laugh before looking down. They all hope my mind will change, but I doubt it will. "Hell, I say we should hang out here more often. Watch some football games, have some guy nights. This flat is far better than any place we usually go to," Shane starts, still stuck on the beauty of this flat. My eyes roll, and I grab my book once more to start reading again. They aren't ever going to leave.

"Oh, Liverpool is playing in a couple of days. It would look sweet, watching them on the screen," Derek adds to Shane's comments. "And I need to keep tabs on them. You know, since they are trying to recruit me. What better place to watch than here?"

"Louis doesn't want you guys inviting yourselves over," I tease.

"I wouldn't mind," Louis shrugs. Oh brother. I sink further into the couch. Shane beams happily, hitting Louis' arm. Back to my book, if I can even focus, that is.

"And in the meantime, now that we're here, you two could explain what happened on that beach," Shane's smug tone is heard behind his words. My face falls, and I drop the book onto the couch.

"Get out," I click my tongue.

"This is the thanks we get for bringing your things over," Derek starts to laugh, earning a pointed look from me. Louis chuckles and mumbles something that I can't make out.

"Fine, you can explain yourselves later. We'll let the two of you be," Shane waves us off.

"Bye," I sing softly. They both head out, and I can relax a little more. Louis shuts the door with a hint of a laugh. "They are too much," I mumble, my eyes straying over him. He has on one of those black, fitted tees that shows off every line of his muscles underneath and grey sweatpants. I love him in this look. I love him in every look he wears. My eyes probably stray over him for too long because he comes over to the couch to join me.

He sits to my left, dropping his phone onto the coffee table. Being this close felt so wrong at one point, and now it feels so right. Finn is still whining in the bedroom, but Louis' eyes are on mine, and he isn't concerned for the dog at all.

"God, you look so fucking good," he breathes out, those blue eyes dark.

"You don't need to lie," I let out a nervous laugh, my head tilting down. I don't believe him one bit. Not with this bruise and stitches.

His hand carefully takes my chin, making me look back at him. My pulse is already thready, and I swallow as these nerves build up. "I've been waiting to be alone with you all day," he whispers in that husky voice that drives me mad.