♟Family♟

Desmond sat up on the hospital bed flipping channels on the tv as Jaden sat on the couch quietly scrolling on her phone.

Marquis stood at the foot of the bed, updating him on everything that had been going on in his absence. Things were running smoothly.

Jace came in and seamlessly joined the conversation.

Jaden looked up from her phone, frustrated with them pretending everything was okay, "So when are you assholes gonna tell me what happened?"

They all looked over at her as she stood up, then stumbled losing her balance. Marquis and Jace rushed over to catch her. They were extremely cautious after she fainted in front of them days ago.

"You Aight?" Marquis asked first.

"Yeah, I just stood up too fast."

Jace spoke up, "have you eaten today?" He looked at his watch seeing it was late in the afternoon.

"I'm not hungry."

He mean mugged her. Jace and Mama were the only ones who knew Jaden's secret. "Imma get you something to eat. Whatchu want?" He asked as if he didn't hear her say she wasn't hungry.

"I guess you deaf today, huh Jaceon?"

"Not her talkin like this nigga here." Jace laughed pointing at his big brother.

Desmond watched the exchange and furrowed his brows, "what's up wit y'all man?" He asked.

"Jace be irritating,"

Marquis chimed in, "finally, someone agrees with me,"

"Jae must be hormonal. That PMS got you down bad, sis." Jace threw a low blow.

Jaden's eyes snapped to him as her mouth dropped and tears came down.

"I'm just playin crybaby. I didn't mean that." He hugged her.

"Leavemelone Jace." She pouted shoving him. "I want a steak quesadilla."

"Okay, I'll be back." He said immediately picking up his keys off the table. "Yall niggas want anything?"

They both shook their heads, in surprise.

As soon as Jace left the room, Desmond asked, "The hell you do to my brother?"

Jaden smirked, wiping her tears, "that's my brother now." She sat back down on the foldout couch. "Will one of y'all tell me what happened with y'all meeting?"

"We had a meeting." Desmond stated, looking back at the tv uninterested.

"Who shot you Desmond?"

He sighed, turned off the tv, then looked over at her. He knew he needed to say something or she would keep asking, "One of Bishop niggas. Some dude name X."

Jaden felt sick to her stomach, "Big guy with curly hair." She described.

"With a Barry white voice," Marquis added.

She nodded her head, "He came to my club and requested me. Mina... had sent me to him."

"He uh... he killed her," Desmond confessed.