Chapter 11 - Bliss

"...But you didn't see their face?" Valery asked as she chomps down on a cookie. "Ooh these are good."

     "No we were too far away."

     David called Valery after Ashley dropped him off. He told his dad about the figure and later that night Valery arrive in her Audi. Shane apparently bought some cookies in the morning after he and Steven cleaned up the house. Valery as it turns out is a cookie gremlin.

      Shane looks at Valery stuffing herself with cookies with a bewildered face before saying "What we should focus on right now is the fact that they might know about Ashley." Shane starts walking to the kitchen and get a glass of water when Valery starts coughing. He gave the glass to Valery and continued "We can protect ourselves but Ashley's a civilian."

     "Yosh goffa neph to kif ang eyf ogh herph."

      "Ex-pardon me?" David asked.

      Valery swallowed her food before saying "You gotta keep an eye on her," and proceeded to eat another cookie. "At leash unfil ve four the guy." Valery chokes again and drinks her water. At this point David uses his shadow to grab the plate and hide it in a shelf. Valery puts down the glass and said, " Sorry I said at least until we.....hey where did the cookies go?"

     Valery looks around for the cookies and sulks when she can't find them. She sits back with her arms crossed, sulking and said "Find a way to stay with her tomorrow night. At least after morning."

     When she said that, a memory suddenly pop itself in David's head and he sighs deeply and put his face in his hands. His muffled sigh resonates in the quite room. Shane and Valery stare at him and Valery lowers her arms and ask "David? Are you ok?"

      David slides his hands down his face until his eyes are visible as he looked at Valery. Beautiful, amazing Valery. He slides his hand off his face and said,

       "I have an idea"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     The next day David stopped by Midkwik to hand in his letter of resignation. Ashley was working when he came in and he breathes a sigh of relief. It occurred to him late at night that there is no stopping whoever he saw at Saffron mall to attack yesterday night. He said hi to Ashley and went to the office to hand in his letter. His boss goes on about how she would miss him and he was a great worker as well as wishing him luck.

        David walks out and saw that Ashley was stocking up the drinks in the refrigerator. He walks over and said "He Ash can I talk  to you?" Ashley was crouching, trying to stock up the drinks at the bottom row. "Sure. Can we talk while I work?"

      "Sure. My dad had to go out of town today and I was wondering if I can stay with you for two days?" David asks and abruptly  

     "You're not going with him?" Ashley asks as she continues stocking up the drinks in the refrigerator. "Not for this one. It's not his writing job. It's something else." Technically David is not wrong. Shane is not gonna be at home but he is gonna be on lookout. Another set of eyes is appreciated. Valery is gonna come and keep watch the second night.

     Ashley - still crouching - smiles up at him and said "You know I don't mind. It'll be just like old times," she gets back to work a while before stopping again and saying "By the way what would you say is your favorite color?"

     David looks at Ashley but she was focusing on her work. He shrug and said "I don't know. I prefer the color blue. Red is nice too." David looks at Ashley suspiciously, "Why?"