Enemy

Hazel's PoV:

I want that bastard to pay for everything his family did to my family. He will be eradicated but not so soon. Luke is just a pawn in my game of chess. The purpose of my mission is to destroy every bit of feelings he has for his family, I want him to disown his family. I don't want to hurt him physically because he wasn't involved, if he tries to come in my way he too will be slain. I'm Hazel Kaufman who owns the Kaufman Mafia. I am supposed to marry Luke Diaz, but Luke has no idea about it. I despise his family because they killed my father. Only if they hadn't send my father for a shitty yet deadly mission. Jung Diaz, Luke's father is a very persuasive man. He persuaded my father to jump into danger and promised him that I and Luke will be married as soon as Luke turns 25.
Luke is 24 now, but tonight he'll turn 25. I don't know if he receives any gifts on his birthday but I'm surely going to be his biggest surprise. My phone started ringing I picked it up and a very familiar name flashed on the screen. Jung Diaz.

Speak of the devil, I thought

"Hello, Sir." I said

"Dear Hazel, I'm hosting a party tonight and I would be very glad if you were there."

"Sure sir, I'll try to reschedule." I let out a grin.

"Ok." He hung up.

Tonight is going to be lit. Careful, Luke Diaz. I've a lot planned for you.

——————————————
Luke's PoV:

I'm turning 25 today but I never celebrated my birthday and my father didn't give a damn about my birthday but why all these arrangements all of a sudden? My dear father was surely up to something.

My closet is only filled with black and white shirts and black suits and formal trousers. There was nothing else I can wear.

I wore a Titan watch which my father gifted me

I wore a Titan watch which my father gifted me. He never bought me gifts. He never cared for me, my childhood was just stripped away from me. He gifted me this watch just because I killed someone, my first kill to be accurate at the age of 15. 10 years to the watch and my tenth year again in this dreadful mafia business.

I was just very curious. Why is the party being hosted especially by my father? Brent might know!

Brent is not only my friend but someone who works in the mafia. He is basically my employee but he gradually became my friend. We share the same love-hate relationship with the mafia.

The party was in the hall of our own mansion. My father always says
"If an event is being hosted at our house, it's definitely something important and I want you to be present there."

Why was I so important to him now?

I called Brent and he didn't receive at first. I called him again, he finally picked up.