Welcome to Sky High

Rosita separated from Will and Layla when it came to lunch. While she was ordering her lunch, her Freshman friends found a table where they could sit.

Will Stronghold can feel eyes burning to the back of his head, and when he turned, he found a guy who he had never seen before. He is clad in leather, his brown hair stops at his shoulders, dorned by a single red streak, his eyes are brown, darkened by an unknown rage as he glares over at the son of two heroes.

"Okay, am I going crazy or is that guy really looking at me?" Will asks. When his friends look at who he was talking about, there is a sense of hesitation and fear that spreads over their faces. "Dude, that's Warren Peace." Zach breathes out.

"That's Warren Peace?" Layla asks, to which Zach confirms. "I heard about him. His mom's a hero and his dad's a supervillain, Barron Battle." she continues.

"So, where do I come in?" Will asks. "Your dad busted his dad. Quadruple life sentence." Ethan answers. "No chance of parole until after his third life." Magenta adds in. "That's great. It's my first day at Sky High, and I already have an archenemy." Will groans.

Meanwhile, Rosita has her lunch on her tray. She finally spots her boyfriend and a smile makes its way up to her lips. She quietly makes her way towards the table he is at, which only consists of him. She quietly sets her lunch at the table and she covers his eyes with her small hands.

"You were a tough one to find." she whispers in his ear, pressing a kiss to the side of his head. Upon hearing the voice, one of his rare smiles, only reserved for her, makes its way to his face. He turns around and gathers her up in his arms.

Upon hearing laughter, Zach notices the exchange between Warren and Rosita. "Hey, isn't that the girl that was with you two?" he asks Will and Layla. Will had to do a double take when he saw the shift in attitude within Warren. Layla knows that Rosita has a boyfriend, but she doesn't know who he is.

"That's a couple not to be messed with." Magenta mutters. "W-Why is that?" Will asks, confused on why the pink-haired girl, who has been nice to him throughout today, would ever have a grudge on him.

"She's the daughter of a hero and a villain, Sirena and King Cobra." Ethan reminds him. All Will knows about that family is how his parents have always attempted to reconcile with Francesca Santos, but the older woman is not having it.

Whispers circulate throughout the cafeteria about Warren and Rosita. Rosita's smile gradually declines, and as if he could read her mind, Warren can already tell why it has. Sending a heated glare to everyone, they all quiet down.

As lunch has finished, Warren and Rosita walk down the halls, with Warren's arm around her waist, and her hand playing with fingers. "If anyone gives you a hard time, just let me know." Warren advises her. Rosita sends him a grateful smile, already having a feeling that her experience at Sky High would not be like her experience at her old school.

They bump into Will, the latter getting startled when seeing the pair. While Warren glares heatedly at Will, Rosita sends him a bright smile. "Hi, Will. How're you doing?" she asks him.

"H-Hi, Rosita. It's nice seeing you, but I need to go." Will stammers as he scurries away from the couple. Rosita, sensing why Will got afraid, sends a pointed look over at Warren.

"What?" he asks, defensively. "Do you really have to intimidate the poor guy? You guys don't even know each other." she tells him.

"Ro, you know what his dad did to mine and yours." he states to her.

"War, that happened in the past. Besides, it's Will's dad, not Will." Rosita tells him, emphasizing how it's Will's dad incarcerating his dad and her dad. "We will not turn into them." she adds in.

"I love you so much." Warren mutters, pressing a kiss to her lips. "I love you, too." she breathes out.

After making his encounter with Warren and Rosita, Will rushes into the Boys bathroom. Upon entering, he spots a soaked Ethan getting shoved out of one of the stalls, his backpack getting thrown at him, as well as a toilet paper roll getting chucked at his head.

"S-See you, and thanks for the swirlie." Ethan stammers as he rushes out of the bathroom. And out of the same stall that Ethan came out of also exits the two Seniors who tried to scam the new students, Lash and Speed.

"What's up, guys?" Will asks the two older students, nervousness seeping in him. "The kid looked a little dehydrated." Speed defends himself and his friend in a lackadaisical manner, to which Lash laughs at.

"So, how about it, Stronghold? You gonna hang with us this year?" Speed asks him. "Yeah, help us bring some pain to the Sidekicks?" Lash adds in to Speed's question.

Will, who doesn't know what to say, responds with, "T-That sounds like fun."

"Hm, good man. See you around." Speed tells him, exiting the bathroom. Lash is about to follow him, but stops abruptly.

"Oh, Stronghold. I have one question." Lash says, turning around to face Will. "You know that little friend of yours?" he asks.

"Who? Layla? She's only..." Will is about to say to him, but is cut off by an irate Lash. "No, not hippie chick. The other one."

"I only know Magenta for a..." Will begins to explain, but is cut off by an exhale from Lash, and it was full of annoyance. "Jesus, you are a pain in the ass. I'm talking about Pinkie."

"Oh, Rosita. Look, I only met her today, so I barely know anything about her." Will explains.

A smirk creeps its way onto Lash's face. "So, is Rosita a Hero or a Sidekick?" he asks, emphasizing heavily on Rosita's name. Will, who wants the upperclassman to leave him alone, told him the truth about her being a hero.

"I'll see her around." he says, exiting the bathroom.

"This is my stop." Rosita tells Warren as they are in front of Principal Powers's office. "See you later." Warren tells her as they share a parting kiss before she enters the principal's office.

"Ah, Miss Cortez, please take a seat." Principal Powers greets her with a warm smile as she sits down on one of the chairs.

"I just got your transcripts from Copper Cove Academy. The grades are magnificent. You know that Copper Cove is one of the prestigious schools for anyone who has powers." Principal Powers states.

"Yeah, the tuition there is taking a toll on our financial situation, so my grandmother and I thought that it would be a good idea to transfer." Rosita confesses to the Principal.

"Well, you chose a wise decision for going with Sky High." she begins as she hands Rosita her paperwork. "You will be sharing your classes with the rest of the Sophomore class. And I have a list of extracurriculars that you can join." she continues.

"Welcome to Sky High, Miss Cortez."