Fatal Play

"He did what?" Warren asks, seething, as Rosita told him everything that happened between her, Lash, and Will.

"Will kind of turned me into a bargaining chip with the whole hero-sidekick rivalry." Rosita repeats as they climb up the bleachers to sit down. They do notice everyone scooting over to the side, not wanting to be near the couple, but neither Rosita nor Warren really care.

If Rosita is being honest, she is frustrated that she was forced in the middle of a bet that she deems to be pointless, but she is trying to see the positive side of it: she hopes that Lash finally leaves her alone if Will wins.

"I swear, Stronghold isn't the only one that's gonna be burnt to a crisp." Warren growls. He is not pleased at all about Lash harassing Rosita, and it is made worse when Speed keeps taunting him about how Lash is going to steal her from under his nose.

"Look, I'm not at all pleased at what they did, but I'm looking at the silver lining of it all. Let's say if Will wins, it finally might let Lash leave me alone." Rosita tries to reason.

"Well, in that case, Stronghold better fucking win." Warren huffs out.

No matter what pair is thrown their way, Speed and Lash always defeat them. No wonder why they are undefeated in Save the Citizen.

Rosita also notices that Speed and Lash always pick villains in Save the Citizen, but she chalks it up as them having an excuse to brutalize other students.

"Ramirez, Hamilton, your citizen has just been mulched because you failed to defeat your villains." Coach Boomer points out while Luke Ramirez and Lexi Hamilton were walking back towards the bleachers.

"Alright, next round. Speed, Lash, you wanna be heroes or villains?" Boomer asks them, moving on with the game. "Villains." Speed responds, as if it were obvious, while Lash cackles.

"Ooh There's a surprise." the former hero comments, sarcastically. "All right, who do you want to beat next?"

"All right. We'll take little Stronghold, and..." Speed starts off, pointing at Will. "And we pick Peace." Lash finishes, pointing over at Warren.

While Will and Warren are gearing up, Gwen spots Rosita and gestures to her to be near her. Rosita makes her way down the stairs and squeezes her way past everyone. Gwen loops her arm with the pink-haired Latina.

"Hey, we heard about this whole bet. How're you doing?" Gwen asks her.

"Honestly annoyed, but at this point, I'll do whatever it takes for Lash to leave me alone." Rosita confesses with a frustrated pout.

"I don't understand. Didn't Lash save you from being burned alive?" Penny asks, condescendingly.

"Uh, Penny, I think you're forgetting the fact that Rosita, here, is dating Warren." Gwen told Penny through her teeth.

Will and Warren get out to the main court area, all in their protective gear. Warren winks at Rosita, who just waves at him, her face becoming like the color of her hair and smiling bashfully.

"Hothead, Stronghold, you're the heroes. You have three minutes to immobilize your opponents and save the citizen!" Boomer instructs the two students. "Ready. Set. Battle!"

Lash stretches out his arm to grab onto a light post. Speed uses his arm as a slingshot and is now dashing around as if he was a ball in a pinball machine.

Rosita squeaks as Warren harshly landed on one of the public mailboxes. However, her worry didn't last for long as Warren was able to get back up, throwing the debris over the protective panels.

Lash stretches his arms to ensnare Warren. "Ha! What now, Peace?"

All Rosita could do is sigh at Lash's idiocy. "What. An. Idiot." she comments as Warren was able to catch fire, burning Lash's arms in the process and freeing Warren.

As Lash is complaining about that to Coach Boomer, Will is not having any luck with Speed. Everytime he gets up, Speed just knocks him down, very harshly.

There is a small amount of amusement that comes out of Rosita after one of the fireballs accidentally hits the hardheaded Coach.

To be fair, Warren was aiming for Lash, and he dodged it.

"Watch it, Hothead!" Boomer scolds.

Having enough of being knocked down a repetitive number of times, Will got up and punched the hardwood gym floor, creating a ripple effect and for the first time, knocking down Lash and Speed.

Rosita couldn't contain her laughter as Lash is currently being tied up to a lamppost, thanks to Will. Oh, yeah. That moment right there definitely made her week.

Meanwhile, no matter how many fireballs Warren is able to throw, Speed manages to keep evading them. "Hey! Save the citizen!" Warren screams over at Will, noticing that there is only 40 seconds left.

However, Rosita's look of amusement descends straight to horror when Speed is creating a vortex around Warren, causing him to gasp for air.

Rosita feels the urge to go straight out there and stop Speed from killing her boyfriend. She couldn't really do that because of the cheerleader holding her back.

"What the hell are you gonna do, Cortez? Just run out there?" Penny bluntly asks her.

"He's killing him." Rosita responds, tears threatening to leave her eyes. Gwen then nudges Rosita to look over at what's happening.

She lets out a sigh of relief when Will grabs Speed, aims him over at Lash (who is still tied up, by the way), and releases him, making the duo collapse against the protective plexiglass.

A countdown from five starts, and at the last second, Will throws Warren at the dummy tied up, and Warren was able to save the citizen.

Everyone applauds for the first team to ever defeat Speed and Lash at Save the Citizen. As soon as the gates opened, Rosita wastes no time in rushing over towards Warren, who is still trying to catch his breath.

She kneels down by him, brushing a red streak of hair away from his face. "Are you okay?" she asks. "I'll be fine, Ro." he rasps out, a smirk on his face.

She helps him up to a sitting position as Will rushes over to Warren, offering him a hand.

The pyrokinetic, on the other hand, ignores him, wrapping an arm around Rosita as they exit the gymnasium.