Mischief Managed

For this story to make sense the normal text is in normal font, the italics text is for past events

"So James," His father said trying to clean his glasses of all the purple, "why did you four do all of this?"

James sighed putting down his sponge, "well..."
_________

That morning

Tyler leaned his head against James's shoulder. Noah and him were beyond furious if they hadn't taken so long to get ready then Tyler wouldn't have a broken nose, a bloody lip and a broken arm. Noah gave Tyler a comforting look, "can you tell us who did this?"

Tyler shook his head not wanting to talk about it until his lip was healed by Madam Pomfrey.

James stood up when she came back with everything she needed to tend to Tyler. His shoulder was lightly tapped, he turned around to see Amelia.

" what happened to Tyler?"

"he was beat up and it's all our fault." Noah explained. "if we hadn't taken so long or if we told him to wait for us this wouldn't have happened."

After madam pomfrey finished she asked who had done that to him. Tyler looked nervously at his friends then back at her. With a shaky voice he whispered, "Nick Lewis and his friends cornered me. He umm called me.... you know..."

Madam Pomfrey wrote it down in order to inform McGonagall and let the young boy go with the help of his friends.

Tyler frowned, "I made you all miss breakfast, I'm sorry."

Noah shook his head bringing him in for a hug, "it's not your fault Ty."

______

Harry poured his son some pumpkin juice, "they bullied him for being a muggleborn?"

James nodded softly, "I don't get it dad. Aren't those people supposed to be gone? Tyler is the smartest person I know, why would someone do such a thing?"

Harry sighed, he knew exactly how he felt. "Idiots are sadly always going to be around. Your mother still gets hate mail for being such an important person but also a muggleborn. Sadly we can't change people's way of thinking so easily."

James frowned not liking the sound of that. "I wish we could."

Harry nodded in agreement before James continued to his story.

__________

Amelia huffed, "can't we pull some pranks on them to get back at them Tyler?"

Tyler sighed, "I guess."

James grinned already having a million ideas on his mind. They couldn't directly hex them but driving them insane with little pranks was good enough. They deserved worse for what they had done to Tyler but Tyler didn't want them replicating violent acts.

"How about we turn their ink into soy sauce from time to time?" Noah suggested.

"and cast spells so their shoes get tied together and they fall." Amelia added.

James nodded liking their ideas, "I could use some things from the joke shop."

______

"well I guess the twins will be glad to know their paint bombs work wonderfully and that they're hard to take off." Harry noted putting his still stained glasses back on. "try not to use it on people with glasses."

James let out a small laugh, "understood."

________

All through out the day all of them were doing their harmless hexes on the ones that hurt Tyler. From class to class Noah and James helped him carry his things shooting glares to anyone that made Tyler uncomfortable. Tyler appreciated all their help and care. Teddy even taught him a spell to help him write without moving his arm during their free period.

Before their last class Nick and his friends approached Tyler and Noah. Noah was quick to stand in front of his friend as a shield. Nick rolled his eyes, "I know it's you messing with me. Either you stop or ill teach you how to respect me mudblood."

Noah took out his wand, "Don't you dare call him that."

James came rushing in beside Tyler. He dug out in his bag whilst Nick was still trading insults with the other two. He didn't see his dad when he threw the paint bombin the middle.

All of them were taken to McGonagall's office. James got detention with his father and Nick and his friends got detention with Hagrid. Noah and Tyler were spared since they didn't actually admit to doing anything all day. James made it seen like he was the one who did everything.

______

Harry smiled at his son, "I'm proud of you for sticking up for your friends. I'm not going to tell McGonagall and get them in trouble though don't worry."

James let out a sigh of relief, "thanks dad."

Harry chuckled, "I better get going. I will tell your mum what you did for your friends though. I'm sure she will love to hear this little adventure."

James chuckled, "thanks dad."

Harry stood up messing hsi son's hair up, "go to sleep and no more pranks for a while. Don't want you getting in trouble for a while."

James grinned standing up, "no promises, say hi to everyone for me."

"will do."

______

James walked back to his common room where he found Tyler and Amelia talking excitedly whilst Noah finished his work. "James!" Amelia exclaimed when she saw him.

James grinned, "detention wasn't so bad. I see you had trouble getting the purple out of your hair Noah, sorry for that."

Noah shook his head. "I think I look wicked. Teddy liked it so much he changed his hair to purple as well!"

James laughed sitting down next to him. He looked up to look at Amelia, "you should get going before curfew."

Amelia sighed, "I guess I should. See you three tomorrow."

They all said goodbye to her before she left. Tyler stood up and sat down in between James and Noah. He smiled softly, "I'm very lucky to have you two as my friends."

James grinned, "we're always going to be here for you." Noah nodded in agreement.

_________

Harry was greeted with laughter as he arrived home. Albus and Lily were playing together in the living.

Hermione was about to greet him when she saw the purple mess on her husband. "what happened?"

Harry grinned, "oh you know, joke shop things. I'll tell you later."

Lily giggled, "daddy you're a purple monster!"

Harry nodded putting his things down before going to chase after his kids as they giggled and ran.

Soon enough they both managed to calm the kids down and get them to bed.

Hermione ran her fingers through her husband's messy hair, "I really do want to kniw what happened."

Harry smiled leaning down to kiss her, "James was just trying to defend his friend because he is a muggleborn someone decided to bully his friend for it."

Hermione frowned, "I wish people would stop that way of thinking."

Harry nodded kissing her again, "at least we know our son is raised right."

Hermione sighed, "well now that that's settled, I'll run you a bath to get all the purple off."

"Thank you my love."

Hermione blushed walking away with a big smile on her face. Goodness she loved this man.