UNNAMED CHAPTER 1/3

The rest of the group made their way back to the cabin. The golden sign above shone with the glare of the sun. The sign read, "Rainbow Raccoons,"

"Rainbow," Roman thought, snickering while doing so, "That's ironic!"

"Alright, so you guys just shut up I guess. You can really do anything you want, just be quiet," Remy stated, only opening the door slightly while he talked.

Remy walked out after saying his instructions, leaving the pack of demons to do their own thing. Patton, Logan, and the unnamed camper all went back to their beds, Remus and Janus were put outside until they made up for the fight in the cafeteria, and Roman just stood by his bunkpost, thinking of stuff to do.

He kept a journal with ideas he thought of late at night. That, and some of the absurd things Remus had said in his sleep. Roman decided that was a great place to start to find things. The journal was split into two sections. Half of the page for ideas, and the other for Remus' weird late night conversations. A couple of pages of looking and he was starting to lose hope in his journal.

Right as he was about to close the journal, Roman glanced over at one of the "Remus Quotes" and brought his attention back to it.

It read, "I swear, I'll be famous for hurling fire knifes in the air like I'm juggling them and you can't stop me,"

Sure, it confused the hell out of Roman, yet he took a quick thought about what it said. Suddenly, as if all of that time looking through the journal before meant nothing, he came up with an idea on what to do.

He didn't want to tell anyone immediately. He wanted to actually finalize when and how he would do it. After all, this idea was brilliant to him! It couldn't just be done with a quick snap of a finger!

Roman started priding himself on how much of a genius he was when Janus and Remus came back in.

"So," Roman asked, "Did your little conflict get resolved or what?"

"No. Emile forced us to come back in since he didn't know we were supposed to stay out there," Janus replied.

Remus poked his head through the door and commented on Janus' statement, "Yeah, we still hate each other! :) Oh, what's that?"

Remus quickly shuffled his way towards the journal that Roman left on the rat man's bed. He opened it, and was immediately left confused.

"What the heck are Remus Quotes?"

"You don't need to know-" Roman quickly responded, trying to remove any possible embarrassment in the future, "Anyway...attention everyone! I would like you all to meet me outside for a mandatory cabin meeting!"

"Do we have to?!? I was just forced to spend like a billion hours out there!"

"Yes, Remus. It's called mandatory for a reason. Quit being such a baby, we were only out there for like 5 minutes," Janus replied.

It took a bit, but everyone made their way outside. Roman turned and shut the door behind him.

"So," Logan stated, "What exactly did you find so important that you needed to call a mandatory meeting?"

"Well...tah dah!!!"

Roman held up the side of the journal that showed the Remus quote that started a long line of inspiration.

"...when did I ever say that-?" Remus asked.

"The middle of the night. That's not what's important though! Do you all see what's on the paper?!?"

Everyone took a closer look at the slightly messy handwritten message and tried to analyze what Roman was trying to get across to them.

"Roman," Patton exclaimed, "I love your enthusiasm with...whatever this says...but what on Earth are you trying to say?"

"Oh...well I suppose I should let you all know...I am going to host the first annual Rainbow Raccoon's TALENT SHOW!!! :D"

Despite the energy with Roman's idea, everyone else just looked around at each other in hesitation.

"Roman, I enjoy your presence...sometimes...but what the actual hell-"

"Hear me out with this damn it! We've only just got here yesterday and there's still so much that we haven't figured out about each other yet! A talent show would be the perfect opportunity to show what we all can do and we can get to know each other better!" Roman exclaimed.

"I do think that is an intriguing idea, Roman," Logan stated, "However, I personally do not have anything to show off about myself, and considering how this is mandatory, I have to assume that we are all going to participate,"

"Well, you don't have to perform... but I still expect everyone to take part in it in some way! Whether that be being a performer, helping with tech and backstage work, or judging the contest,"

"Phrasing the show as a contest is making me not really want to do it," Patton commented, "Don't get me wrong, I'm all for your idea Roman, but if it is based off of competition, then I'm going to decline,"

"Oh, don't worry Patton! It's not actually going to be a competition. Just a friendly little show to have fun and that sort of stuff. There's not going to be any winners or prizes, just smiles and laughter!"

The cabin silently started mumbling to each other, before finally, Janus spoke up.

"Alright...we'll do it,"

Hey sorry I haven't updated this in like for-fucking ever—

I've been working on a few of my other books like When The Lights Go Out and [insert another project here that I haven't announced yet]

I've also done things for a series on my YouTube so I've been busy with that.

Anyway, I'll see you all in like 5 years I guess—

~Lamira_GATCHA