Episode 6 Oni-chan

Françoise Dupont Middle School
Y/N's POV

Another morning rolls in and all is almost the same. Wake up, then head to school. Before I reached the top of the stairs leading to the entrance of the school, a familiar voice calls to me.

Stopping in my tracks, I turn back to see Nino running towards me.

Y/N: (smiles)Morning, Nino!

Nino smiles in return and hooks his arm around my shoulder.

Nino: How's morning going so far, dude?

Y/N: Just starting.

I give him a thumbs-up as he returns it with a fist bump, causing me to chuckle softly. We pass through the entrance and headed for Ms. Bustier's class.

Nino: By the way... Lila has some crazy things going on with her life right now! Since she was literally absent for the whole first term, she has tons of catching up to do and homework that'll pile up!

Walking to Nino's seat, I leaned against his chair and listened to him go on.

Nino: She was going to ask for your help, bro, but didn't want to cuz she didn't want to seem like a bother. And then I was like... pffft! Y/N's not like that! He'll always help anyone who needs a hand!

I shake my head as I push myself off of his chair.

Y/N: So you're asking in her place?

Nino nods as he readjusts his cap. I let out a small sigh as a thin smile appeared on my face.

Y/N: I'll help her... I just need to make sure she asks next time... (mutters)It's not like I'm not approachable... (to Nino)Ok, thanks. I'll see ya later.

With a pat on his shoulder, I head to my assigned seat and settle my supplies in front of me.

"Hi, Y/N~!"

I reluctantly turn to the voice and watch as Lila takes her seat next to me.

Y/N: Morning. I heard from Nino you need some homework help? I should be free after school so we can tackle most of your work.

Lila: (gasps)Really? You'd do that? You're such a great help! You're saving my life, you know.

Before she could envelop me in a friendly hug, I high-fived her hands with a sheepish smile. At that, Ms. Bustier enters the room and class is now in session.

After School>>>
Outside of Françoise Dupont Middle School

Lila: So I was thinking we could go to your place to do all of the homework!

Quickly whipping my head towards her, I shook my head with a small chuckle.

Y/N: Why don't we head to that one cafe? It's a subway stop away!

Lila: Ooh, great idea!

Before I could say anything else, she hugs my arm and quickly lead the way to the subway station.

'This is going to be a long afternoon...'

Café de la Paix>>>

Flipping through the pages, I jumped when Lila let out a sharp gasp. Looking up from the book, she held my phone in her hand.

Lila: What's your lock screen?

Retrieving my phone and shoving it into my backpack, I shook my head as I drank my cup of tea.

Y/N: (shakes head)You don't have to worry about my lock screen, Lila... let's get your homework done so you can get back home sooner...!