Chapter 6: The Accident

ALMIRA'S POV:

I went to the beach with my nurse. I sat at the sand and watch the sea. But Tita Irene called my nurse.

Nurse: Ma'am Almira, Can I excuse Po? Ms Irene is calling me Po kasi

Almira: Sure

Nurse: Ma'am please stay here Po

Almira: ok

A minute after the nurse left, my eyes went black again but this time, it was not only for a minute. I tried to find my nurse or anyone. But I can't recognize anyone or anything. I was just shocked when suddenly a big thing hit me at the back. It was so strong that I fell to the ground. My head banged on the floor and I fell asleep.

IMEE'S POV:

All I thought was Almira is sleeping at my side but then Irene Woked me up in panicking voice.

Irene: Manang! Manang!

Imee: What!!

Irene: It's Almira!

Imee: Why? What happened to Almira!?

Irene: She got hit by a car

Imee: What!

We rushed her to the hospital once again. And she lost a lot of blood.

Doctor: Her skull is damaged. And she have weak lungs.. it's time to take her the operation room. We have to recover the blood she have lost. And the disease in her lungs need to be treated.

Imee: Doc will she be ok?

Doctor: We can't promise that Ms Marcos.

Imee: So you're saying, there's a chance that she wouldn't make it?

Doctor: There's a chance Ma'am

Imee: Please save my daughter Doc.

Doctor: We'll start the operation tomorrow. You can talk to her na po she's awake now. We can save her if she coordinates with us.

Doctor:We can't do anything if the doctors want the patient to live but the patient wanted to die. We also need coordination with the patient.

Imee: Okay Doc I'll talk to her

Doctor: Ok Po Excuse me *Left*

Imee: Nak?

Almira: yes ma?

Imee: You'll have surgery tomorrow. Fight, for mommy. Be strong. Coordinate with the doctors baby. Please Live for mama. *Crying*

Almira: of course ma if that's what you want.

Sandro: So you're ok na Almira?

Almira: No my body still hurts

BongBong: Ok then lie down ka muna

Almira: Ma Haven't you notice anything?

Imee: What is it?

Almira: Didn't you notice that I'm always here in the hospital, I always have a hard time for fighting this disease.

Imee: *silent* ( tears dropping from her eyes)

Almira: Maybe it's time for me to be free. It's time for me to rest.

Irene: Manang? I think Almira is right, I also can't stand this anymore, seeing her always having a hard time.

Imee: Even if I wanted to but I can't. I can't lose my only daughter. *Crying*

Almira:Mom, I was able to endure my pain because you still want me to live, didn't you? Maybe you can live without me even if it hurts.

Imee: Nak, I can't lose you *Hugged Almira while crying*

Almira:*Hugged back*