introduction and ideas

There was tiny snowflakes on the window, not quite white yet not quite clear, either. The passing countryside was covered in many of them, covering the land with a blanket of snow. There weren't animals about as usual and definitely not any flowers. America passed these almost everyday, it didn't entrance him like it did other people.

He hasn't lived there his whole life, he used to live in West Virginia but his parents decided better of it. There was a bunch of kids there who..well, they didn't really agree with him and his family. He was different. Weird. Uncanny.

But that didn't matter now, he was in Chicago; the bull state. He had no idea why everyone was so pumped about their basketball team. In his opinion, they weren't even that good.

"Ame. Ame! Ame, are you listening to me?"

"Huh? W-What?" America popped out of his head after hearing his name being repeated fifty times.

"I said, are you listening to me? We're almost there," Britain replied with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"Oh- yeah, yeah, I'm listening." He wasn't, but that didn't matter. His parents never cared what he said, they just wanted a response no matter what it was. They never cared.

"I heard there's plenty of other countries there, maybe you guys can get to know each other!" France exclaimed on the passengers side. His mom always wanted him to meet new people- it was probably for social status.

"Mhm," America replied dully. He didn't like people in general and he didn't imagine that he would become friends with other countries at a dinner party. He didn't even care enough to pay attention to what the party was about. Relatives maybe? He didn't really know.

The car pulled up slowly on the gravel before stopping completely. Britain brushing his suit off got out of the car and walked around the front, letting his wife, France, out. America got out like a normal person in his ripped jeans and "NATO" labeled shirt. He wasn't much of a fancy etiquette guy. Those weird people have forks dedicated to salads, why would he want to be like them?

"I really wish you would've atleast tried to dress decently. It's a dinner party, son, not a rave," His mother added as she stepped out of the car. America just looked at his mother, half expecting her to turn into Queen Elizabeth.

"This is just normal attire, mom," he replied with annoyance. It was only realitives..he thinks? His mother sighs as she grabs his father's arm from the side, walking across the gravel with him. America looked around, there were freshly cut bushes and high paned windows, definitely one of his family members. Everyone in his bloodline were fancy like that.

He couldn't wait to get over with this party.