A Break

Ah, the fresh air put me at ease. I looked to Sans, who looked happy. I couldn't tell if it was fake or real, I'd been getting better at distinguishing his genuinity with his mask, but at the moment.. maybe it was both? I put a hand on Sans shoulder. "WE FINALLY MADE IT." I said, curious as to his reaction. He looked up at me. "... so we did, bro, so we did.." He didn't remember that being part of my dialog. He'd masked his confusion well, but I saw the slight crease in his bonebrows. I looked out to the stare at the setting sun. "WHAT IS THAT ROUND THING IN THE SKY?" I started my normal dialog. "that's the sun." Sans replied. I did my whole 'I'm-going-to-make-a-good-impression-on-the-humans' thing and ran off with Undyne, Alphys, and Asgore behind me. I ran down the mountain, feeling a little giddy. I couldn't help it, even if I knew it was going to go away in a couple weeks time, I'll enjoy the surface while I'm here. "PA-PY-RUS-" I fell forward as Undyne slammed into me. "N-NYEH!" I glared playfully at Undyne.

♤♤♤

"By the order of the President of the United States, monsters have the same Civil rights as humans, word is spreading around the globe of the existence of this magical beings-" Sans flipped the channel to some comedy or another. "I WAS WATCHING THAT." I looked at my brother who shrugged. "i would like to see human comedies while i can, bro." For a second I actually was confused, the words didn't quite click. Oh right. Reset. I sighed heavily. "VERY WELL.." I got up to go outside. It was a beautiful day, after all. I have better things I could do. I could ride in my new sports car! "OH YES, GOOD IDEA ME!!" I rushed to the garage. Reliving my fantasies aside, at least now I could confirm for sure Sans remembered the resets. Sans, Flowey, and Frisk. And me, now. Did they all knew that they knew? I should really phrase that better. Was Frisk aware that the other two were aware and so on? Better. If I told the others, would they remember? I am questioning so much these days. Frisk or Sans or Flowey would have the answers. Why don't I ask them?

♤♤♤

It was just Sans and I at our new house. I wondered.. "SANS? CAN WE SPAR A BIT? LIKE WHEN WE WERE KIDS?" Sans crossed his arms shaking his head. "nu-uh. i don't do sparring anymore, you know that." I deflated. "BUT SANS.." I wanted to know how well we fought together. "PLEASE? NO ONE IS HERE TO WATCH US." He groaned. ".. ok you win. one match, ok?" I nodded enthusiastically. "YES, OK!" I grabbed some attacks and went outside. Sans was already waiting. "THANK YOU, BROTHER, IT'S BEEN TO LONG SINCE WE SPARRED." He rolled his eyelights. "yeah, yeah. let's just get this over with, huh?"
"NO HOLDING BACK?" He shook his head again. "no promises." I threw a few bone attacks his way, which he moved around. He sent a few attacks of his own. I blocked them with a summoned attack, before sending out more attacks and turning Sans soul blue. He fought against my magic, hating the feeling of being pinned down. I immediately felt bad and released my hold of him, he dodged around the attacks just in time. "SORRY BROTHER, IT'S A HABIT." He disappeared and reappeared behind me, turning my own soul blue and sending me toppling over. "i'm beat." He went back inside. It wasn't much but, it had me smiling. He sparred for the first time in a long time!