𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 - 𝑨𝒍𝒆𝒙

This is... oh god I can't...

The last chapter, you guys.

It's all over. It's finally over.

Today marks two years of my being an ARMY, BTS' interview with James Corden - apparently they weren't too mad about the PTD comment, eat your heart out, Instagram – and the closing date of the first book I ever completed in my life. So yeah – I'm fucking elated.

“I’m not going to ask again. A father has a right to see his own son.”

Uncle Vlad just grinned at Alex. “I assure you, no son of yours is here.” He tucked his hands behind his back, a mock courteousness in his air.

Alex advanced, ready to spring his bone dagger from the hidden forearm sheath beneath his long-sleeved shirt.

He’d waited five long years for this—no, he might have just waited his whole life for this, to murder this murderous son of a bitch—

“Grandpa!”

Alex froze as a little girl dressed in a bright yellow sun dress bounced into the courtyard, skipping over to them, a huge grin on her face.

Vladislav froze.

Alex had never seen anyone or anything stop Vladislav in his tracks like that.

Especially when she skipped all the way to Vladislav’s side, raised her little arms in the air and demanded, “Up, Grandpa. Hold me. I wanna play the spinny game.”

What….the fuck…..was going on?

Who was this little kid and how did she have such a hold on Vladislav?

But then, almost like she could hear his thoughts, she looked Alex’s direction.

And it was like looking into a mirror of himself as a child.

Alex fell to his knees.

She’d called Vlad grandpa.

This little miracle was his daughter.

“Baby girl,” Alex croaked out.

“Hi Daddy,” she chirped, then looked back at Vladislav and demanded again, her little brow furrowing, “Up.”

“Not right now, honey,” Vladislav said uneasily. “This man and I have some things to talk over.”

This answer did not please Alex’s daughter.

She let out a small growl.

And then she sprang onto Vlad’s back like a little monkey. He started to stumble backwards but then she’d let him go and dropped to the ground.

But she hadn’t come away empty handed.

She was holding an elaborate golden knife with a small, sharpened bone affixed as a blade.

Alex’s eyes flew up to Vlad. A bone knife? It both made all the sense in the world and none at all. Vlad had been killing the family off with a a bone knife for all these years, terrorizing them with his instrument of power and dominion.

But…how the hell did he get it? And who the hell’s bone was it?

Before his brain could race any further though, as he looked down upon the knife in his adorable daughter’s little hand…

…under the bright morning sun, it simply disintegrated.

One moment there, another moment gone.