Why did it have to be me?

Paris, 1980
      This morning was hectic, i slept in and didn't hear my alarm. I was almost late for my ferry and i had lost my ticket, the skipper wouldn't let me on. I had to physically turn my bag inside out, they weren't there! Luckily i eventually found them in the pocket of my jeans and gave them to the "ticket man" who then showed me to my seat. I was just about to open my book when out of my window i saw Donna, she was wearing a straw hat and baggy dungarees, her wavy hair flowing freely in the gentle breeze. What was she doing? She wouldn't have time to board the ferry, it looked as if she was having a conversation with the skipper but why? She didn't have time! The ferry let off a loud TOOOOOT! And we were off, Donna was not on the boat and was now running after it, the look of disappointment brushed across her face, I knew exactly how she felt!
      A man passed us on a boat, he was heading straight for Donna. She shouted something of "Hey! Can you give me a ride" Surely a stranger wouldn't come up to you on a boat for no reason. No surprise on hopped Donna dragging her suitcase behind her, her disappointed face had changed and was now as bright as ever. I opened my window slightly so that i could eaves drop on them. The man started singing a song, it sounded like he was saying "Why did it have to be me?" but i could be wrong, the engine of the ferry was so loud. I wonder where Donna is going to stay in Kalokairi, hopefully we bump into each other and she actually recognises me.