Chapter 2

"Why did we have to be here so early?" I whined walking in the gym, trying to rub the sleep off my face.

"Training, see it's a thing people do to get better at something.." Rogers said sarcastically.

"I don't need training." I yawned.

"Everyone needs training." He said stopping in front of me.

"Sure." I chuckled before walking over to the middle of the room, stretching my sore muscles. "Maybe you do.."

"Let's start by some basic fighting techniques then well go outside for a little run." He said ignoring my snarky comment, with a slight enjoyment in his tone.

*1 hour later*

I was laying on the floor panting, and in pain, I was almost certain my stitches had ripped.

"What? Can't keep up with an 'old man'?" He joked looking down at me.

"Try doing all that with a 3 inch hole in your stomach threatening to rip out at any minute." I said annoyed at his smugness. Whenever I'm injured, I have trouble using my powers since I'm distracted by the pain.. which totally sucks.

"Sure, keep telling yourself that." He laughed. "Come on." He said reaching out his hands for me to grab, and I reluctantly took them, getting to my feet in a small jump. "Let's get that little run in."

Little did I know that a "little run" for Steve Rogers was an actual marathon. I swear that guy is sadistic. I had managed to do maybe five lapse while he did at least 15, if not 20, each time passing next to me saying 'on your left', making me grunt in annoyance every time, that prick.

I stopped in front of the door of the compound and bent down my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.

"Now I'm really gonna believe you're the grandpa." He said coming from behind me and I looked back up at him.

"Well that's just not fair, you don't even look like your breaking sweat." I complained making him laugh. "That stupid serum of yours is a game changer." I straightened up looking at the sky, it truly was beautiful out today. I get distracted so easily damn.

"Need a medic?" He said making me fake a laugh. "No I mean really?" He said pointing to my blue t-shirt, now stained in a maroon colour.

"Great! You ripped my stitches." I sighed and he look at me with one eyebrow raised. I lifted up my shirt a little, exposing the stitched up wound, being now not so stitched up and bleeding, I sighed and he smirked.

I swear he enjoys seing me hurt.

"I did no such thing." He chuckled. "But you should have it checked." He added in a more serious tone, as if the hole bleeding on my stomach might not need immediate attention.

"No shit sherlock." I sais walking back in the compound.

"Language!" He yelled behind me making me roll my eyes.

"Such a mom." I whispered to myself.

_________

I was looking in eyes I didn't know I'd be looking in again, her eyes. I hadn't seen them in so long, it made me smile a little, but it quickly faded as I looked at my surroundings, the stone grey walls I knew all too well. I looked down at myself and saw I was strapped in a chair, I looked back up her way and saw she was too, blood dripping from her busted lip.

"Hey Lia, you have to stay strong okay? Whatever they make you do, I still love you okay?" She said with a sympathetic smile. I heard footsteps from behind me and two men came in between us.