New Invention (Part 5) (robot!Dallon Weekes x Reader)

After Practically dragging Dallon, who still only had one percent of his battery left, to your car, along with all of your groceries, you sat in the driver's seat, a sigh escaping your lips. You reached in the backseat and grabbed one of the plastic bags, pulling out the USB cord that Dallon had brought to you in the store.

You ripped open the box, taking out the cord and plugging it into the adapter in the car's dashboard.

"Wrist, Dallon." You mumbled, and he tiredly held up his wrist.

You stuck the cord in his charging port, and he let out a tired sigh, laying his head back a bit.

"Is it working?" You Asked.

He paused for a moment. "I believe so, yes."

You smiled a bit at him, and he smiled a little back.

"Well, time to get home." You mumbled, starting up the car. "I'll have to call work and make up an excuse for why I can't be there until we find out what to do with you."

He looked at you, tilting his head a bit. "Am I not staying with you?"

You bit your lip as you pulled out of the parking lot. "Well, Dal.." you mumbled. "I just want you to be safe for now, but I have to go back to work someday."

"You can go." He said. "I can stay at your apartment.."

"Dallon, we already know that you shouldn't be alone there." You interrupted. "We just...have to find a lab or something where you can stay.."

He looked at you, his eyes widening. "No...please, not a lab.."

"Dallon, all labs aren't like the one you were in." You looked at him for a moment.

It pained you to have this conversation with him, but there was no way in the world you could keep him with you. You had to go back to work sometime, especially with taking Dallon, people would start to point fingers, and you'd most likely, after disappearing, would be the one they blamed.

Dallon looked down sadly. "I don't want to leave you."

You glanced at him for a moment, before looking out the windshield again. If he really did feel human emotion like he said he did, you totally believed him in this moment.

"Dal, I just.." You mumbled. "I just want to find a home for you."

"But I like your home." He said, looking back at you.

You shook your head. "Let's not talk about this anymore." You sighed.

"Will we talk about it later?" He asked.

"I don't know, maybe."

Upon arriving home, Dallon had thankfully charged to ninety-percent, so you didn't have to drag him inside, and he actually helped you with the groceries.

One you got inside, your cat ran straight up to him, rubbing on his legs.

He smiled a little. "Your small furry animal is being affectionate."

"She does that." You mumbled placing the grocery bags up on the counter.

Dallon made sure the cat was out of his way, before he came over and did the same.

"Thanks, Dal." You Said to him, beginning to go through the bags.

"You're welcome." He said, then looked down, looking like he was thinking for a moment.

"What is it?" You Asked.

He looked up at you, a look of slight confusion on his face. "Why do you call me Dal?"

"Well, I mean," you started. "It's short for Dallon. Like a nickname, you know?"

He nodded a little. "But nicknames are reserved for close acquaintances like family or friends." He said. "Do you consider me a friend?"

You smiled a little, letting out a small chuckle. "I suppose so."

He smiled a bit. "I can call you my friend?"

"Sure, Dal."