39| Tender Joy

''Shh it's going to be ok baby'' I felt his palms soothing my hair softly, I blinked my eyes to adjust my eyes to the bright light above me, I found his blues gazing intensely

''You made it baby'' he whispers softly his fingers down the skin of my hand and linking our fingers together, I turned at my side to see two beautiful babies, lying peacefully, my eyes softly filled just by watching them.

He knelt beside me and pressed his lips onto the skin of my palms, the love he shows for me is so much for my weak to endure, I smiled weakly at him before I felt my eyes getting weary, I felt myself swoon into the arms of slumber, small breaths leaving my lips as his fingers brushed my hair from my face.

♡ ♡ ♡

5    Y E A R S    L A T E R

''Ready to go baby?'' he asks giving me his hand, I smiled at him and ran my other hand through the weaves of my Versace before I step out of the Limo.

He leant forward and tucked a free strand of hair behind my ear and softly kissed my cheeks, we were welcomed by a shower of flashes of camera, his hand circled around my waist and pressed his body towards me, I looked up to his beautiful smile, his ring-clad finger waving at the crowds as his diamond cufflinks shone under the light.

''Welcome, Mr and Mrs. Carter'' the voices greeted as I looked back at my 5 year old twins who matched their outfits while one holding Ophelia's hand and other holding a tall Damian's hand, I couldn't help but smile in happiness at how years passed and our family grew stronger and more beautiful.

The most precious day was when my dad cried on seeing the love Eric gave towards me, how he was there at my every step, he was shook by Eric's love, it was pure and deep, stronger than a thousand binds.

 Even after five years, nothing changed between us, the love, the admiration, everything was still the same, my 12 year old daughter, my 16 year old son, and my 5 year old twins, it has been 12 years since we were together and it all felt like 12 seconds.

''We have an important person to meet today, Rose'' Eric leans and whispers in my ears, his fingers slightly pressing my waist, I shuddered. 

 I looked at the small strands of white lining his ebony hair, his stubble lining his sharp jawline, his lopsided lips, his sharp nose, everything about him was still perfect, he aged and matured over the years, but he was still the man who can my knees go weak with a single touch, making my heart leap and beat wildly inside me with just a look, who can entrance my whole being with a single smile, who can make me cry his name every night with equal passion, he is and will always be mine.

''Before that, let's do something that we always love Rose?'' he asks, his tone hinting something dark, I shook my head and laughed as he linked our fingers and twirled me onto the intricate marble dancefloor, the gentle music of the violins wafted through the air, creating a magical effect, like a fairy-tale.