Wilbur in the office

TWs for this chapter:

talking about tics and bullying

If I've forgotten any, please let me know! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilbur, walked into the school, one again.

He had been there before, just last week actually. And the week before that. And before that. Sometimes multiple times per week. This was the second time this week.

But Wilbur was fine with it. Well not fine, but he wasn't sure what else he could do.

He knew what had happened again. Tommy got in trouble. The teachers couldn't understand simple shit. If the teachers wanted to be assholes, Wilbur would let them.

But not to Tommy. Not if Wilbur had anything to say about it.

He was getting a little tired of having to pick Tommy up from the principal's office, actually. Of course, It was Wilbur's job, as Tommy's legal guardian, but they needed a new system. It wasn't Tommy's fault, of course, it never was. He couldn't help his tics.

Wilbur thought some more.

Maybe he could go to the principal this time. Maybe get Tommy transferred to a new school, with better staff.

Hopefully the principal would agree, or at least offer a better solution, like firing the current teachers (Though they needed to be fired anyway, in Wilbur's opinion).

Oh well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He arrived at the principal's office, and pushed open the door. Nobody was sitting at the desk, but he noticed a bell on the desk. He rung it, the bell making a loud ringing sound that echoed off the walls of the quiet room.

Surely that would alert someone that he was here.

Sure enough, a middle aged looking man stepped through one of the side doors, leading off to a different room.

"Hello?" The man questioned.

This must be the principal, Wilbur thought to himself.

"Hey, I'm here to pick up Tommy? Tommy Innit." Wilbur said back.

The principal's face lit up in recognition. "Oh of course, you look just like him. Are you his father?"

Wilbur laughed at that, that's what people always assumed, even though he looked pretty young.

"No," He said still chuckling, "I'm his older brother."

The principal, looked confused at that. "Where's his father? Could he not come?"

"I'm Tommy's legal guardian. I'm taking care of him, so that's why I came to pick him up." Wilbur replied, looking off to the side a little.

Questions like these always made him a little uncomfortable. He knows the principal didn't mean it in a rude way, but Wilbur always gets the impression of people thinking he was unfit to look after a child, just because he was younger than most parents or guardians.

The principal smiled. "Oh alright then. Sorry if I sounded rude, I was just confused."

Wilbur nods in return.

The principal continued, "I'm Awesamdude by the way, but you can call me Sam."

Wilbur nodded again, not sure what to say. "Alright."