Chapter 2

Lumine finally found her brother but he left her again. "I have already traveled through this world once. Once you reach the end of your journey as I did, you will see for yourself the true nature of this world." Aether's words kept bothering Lumine.

'What does he mean by that? What happened to him? Even Zhongli doesn't answer my questions. I have to...' Lumine was lost in her thoughts which worried Paimon. "Don't worry. I'm sure we'll find the answers you're looking for. I'll be here for you until the end." Paimon encourage her. Lumine smiled sadly at Paimon and thanked her for encouraging her.

"I appreciate your concern Paimon, but can you give me some space for a moment? I just... want to be alone for a bit." Paimon agreed and let her know that she will stay inside the Serenitea pot Madam Ping gave them.

Lumine walked alone to wherever her feet take her. Completely lost in her thoughts, she didn't realize that she already reached the Golden House. 'Childe....' Lumine thought as the image of a certain ginger-head appears in her mind.

Lumine was about to open the door but stopped as she remembered that it is not their scheduled day for their meet ups. "He probably won't be in here in the first place." she was about to leave when someone called her out.

"I knew you would come here Ojou-chan." Childe smiled as he approached her. "Childe? What are you doing here?" Lumine asked. "Zhongli-sensei told me that you're probably here that's why I checked if it's true. Is there something bothering you?" Childe asked as he reached Lumine's head to pat it. "Don't touch me so carelessly." Lumine brushed away his hand.

"Then instead of being gloomy, how about having duel with me?" Chi lde challenged but Lumine stayed silent. "I met my brother." "Oh so you've already met your- wait, what?" Childe looked at her.

"I already found him but he left me again..."Lumine sat hugging her knees and hid her face so that Childe can't see it. Childe sat beside her "Are you about to cry now? Then I'll commemorate this day as the day you showed your weakness in front of me." Childe teased making Lumine lift her head.

"I will never cry in front of you." she glared. Childe laughed at her response. "Sorry, so what are you supposed to do now?" Childe asked. "I don't know... but I want to find out what made him do this. The true nature of this world... " Lumine muttered the last part of her words.

"Then seek it out. Your journey is just starting, right? Sooner or later, you'll find the answers you're looking for so don't rush yourself and just take it step by step." Childe stated, trying to comfort Lumine.

"Being gloomy like this isn't like you at all. It's not the same as the traveler I crossed blades with who doesn't let anything stop her to accomplish her goals. " Lumine smiled at Childe's remark.

"You're right. I still have time" Lumine replied which earns a smile from Childe. "Since we're already here, want me to help you on your quests? I heard from the adventurer's guild that you have a lot of quests after you came back." Childe said as he stood up and reach a hand for Lumine.

"Don't bully the hillichurl's on the way. I don't want a hoard of hillichurl run after me with their toarch." Lumine accepted Childe's hands and stood up. Childe teased her throughout the night. Somehow, talking to Childe lifted her spirits up. Making her forget all the problems she's been thinking for a moment.