Chapter 6

Lumine's POV

'Childe...' my thoughts were filled on what happened the last time. He really likes to stir up my feelings. 'This is goodbye now, Ojou-chan' my thoughts stopped as I remembered his words. Thoma noticed my gloomy state. "You seem to be restless nowadays. Is there something wrong?" He asked.

"Well... it's just something too personal." I responded. Thoma noticed that I don't want to talk about it. "Then do you want to hangout with me at Ritou?" he asked. "Huh? Oh sure..." I was caught off guard. "Let's go then." He held out his hand like a gentleman which made me chuckle and accepted it. My heart suddenly pang as I remembered Childe held out his hand to me before.

We explored different shops in Ritou. We looked for some soveineirs but a lot of people needed Thoma for help so we spend most of our day. I'm currently waiting for Thoma near the shore as he asked me to wait here before he gone through somewhere. I watched the sunset as I waited. 'The sky reminds me of his hair...' I shook my head to erase those thoughts. "I'm really helpless..." I muttered.

"Sorry, it took me long to get this." I glanced at the smiling Thoma who is currently holding a bouquet of flowers. 'Windwheel asters' I was stunned. My heart was pounding loudly. Thoma noticed that I was showing a painful expression. "Are you okay?!" Thoma panicked. "Please don't smile like that..." I cowered. "Wait, Lumine! Don't cry!" he panicked. "I'm not crying!" I retorted.

After a moment of silence, Thoma spoke "Is this... something to do with the person named Ajax?" Thoma asked which made me look at him flabbergasted. "How did you..." I was bewildered. "The other day when we stayed the night with Ninken, you said his name while you're sleeping." Thoma avoided my gaze.

Thoma sat beside me. Lifting my face up to let my head lean on his shoulders. "I'll lend you my shoulders." he spoke as he caresses my hair. "Do you have feelings for him?" he asked. "He's... my first love." I responded. I hate the fact that I see Childe on Thoma. The way he acts, the way he comforts her, and the way he smile kept reminding me of him. But Thoma's eyes are like the day. They are the complete opposite.

"Reality hurts, you know? He's my enemy yet I fell for him. Everything felt so wrong." I stated. "What about Lumine?" I stared at him confusedly. "What you said is what you as Traveler thinks. How about you as Lumine?" I thought deeply at what he said. "I want to be with him. Lumine is a stubborn girl who doesn't know when to give up." I smiled.

"Then go. Do what you need to do." Thoma smiled. "Thank you for everything, Thoma." I stood up and grinned. "I'll do my best." It's the last thing I said before I left in a hurry.

______________________________________________________________________

Lumine travelled back to Liyue to find Childe. She looked for him at the Golden House but he wasn't there. She tried to look all over Liyue Harbor for him until she bumped to Zhongli. "Zhongli! Did Childe already come back here?" she hurriedly asked. "Ah Traveler. Unfortunetly I haven't seen him yet these past few days. Wh-" Zhongli responded but Lumine cut him off. "Thanks!" she immediately left.

'If he's not in Liyue, then he might still investigating about Scaramouche. ' Lumine headed back to Inazuma to see if Childe was still at Narukami Island. "Lumine! Thoma said you went somewhere." Paimon called her. "Paimon! I have to go find Childe." Lumine stated.

Childe was nowhere to find around the Narukami Island. A little while, Lumine saw some Fatui agents heading towards the next island. 'If they're heading in that direction, Childe must be..." Lumine recalled the delusion factory where she had an encounter with the Balladeer.

Lumine informed Paimon that Childe might be at the delusion factory so they hurried off to Yashiori Island. When they reached the island, they saw a group of Fatuis surrounding Jakotsu mine. 'So Childe is here, just like I thought.' Lumine sneaked inside the entrance of the factory.

When she entered, she heard a loud explosion. She ran deep inside it and saw Childe in his Foul-legacy. Childe already lost control. "Oh no, I need to stop him before it's too late." Lumine looked for an opportunity to distract Scaramouche. But she didn't know, he already set an eye for her ever since she entered the place.

Scaramouche took this as an opportunity. He went in front of the Traveler and Childe followed. Lumine tried to distance herself from him but something was holding her feet. 'A shikigami?' Lumine cursed. "Paimon get away from here!" Lumine pushed Paimon away from her.

Childe swings his weapon and slashed Scaramouche figure but it was just an illusion. Lumine was the one who were slashed. Childe's consciousness returned and saw his weapon cut deeply through Lumine's body.

Lumine threw up blood and Scaramouche's laughter can be heard loudly. "This drama was entertaining. Sadly, I have to go now. Thank you, Traveler." The Balladeer snickered.

'No... Lumine. No. No.' Childe's mind was unstable. He shifted back and wobbled as he walked towards Lumine's body. He kneeled in front of her and held her body close to him. Lumine looked at Childe weakly. "No... It's my fault. Lumine don't... you're gonna be okay. Don't close your eyes. Please don't..." Childe begged. "Lumine! You're going to be okay!

'I can feel my strength leaving my body' Lumine thought. "Please... don't blame yourself." Lumine gathered her remaining strength to speak. Lumine slightly raised her hands towards Childe face and he catched her hand when it lost its strength.

"Lumine... keep your eyes open. Don't leave me." Childe kissed her hand and held it firmly. Lumine's eyes watered. Tears kept falling in her eyes.

"Even though I said that I won't cry in front of you, I actually did in the end." Lumine smiled at Childe. "Ajax...I'm sorry I lied. I never regret meeting you..." A tear shed in Childe's eyes.

" Thank you for the happy memories."

" Thank you for loving me."

"And thank you... for being my first and last love."

That's the last thing Childe heard Lumine's voice as he felt the strength on Lumine's hand fade away. Paimon kept calling Lumine's name while Childe sobbed as he held Lumine's lifeless body closer.