Chapter 43-Taking care of

Well I do have a cold, and I feel like I'm dying for the past week. It's currently Wednesday and I haven't been to school because I'm sick. I couldn't sleep last night because I was either way too cold or way too hot. At one point I slept on the cold tile floor in my bathroom because it was so hot.

"Skylar" Miss Isabella said coming into my room. I couldn't speak, I was too tired so I groaned

"Let me take your temperature" she said. She put the thermometer in my mouth and took my temperature. We waited till the beeping sound was heard and I pulled it out

"100.3" I said

"Ok, you have a fever. Let me get you some medicine to bring it down then go from there. You have to eat something with it" she said

"No" I said

"Skylar, it isn't an option. You can have toast or rice, both are very light on the stomach" she replied

"Rice, less chewing" I said

"Ok, I will bring it up" she replied. I wanted to die and sleep and cry. I hate being sick and it's the worst thing.

She brought up the bowl of rice and medicine. I slowly ate the food and medicine.

"Try to get some sleep" she said. I nodded my head and pulled the blanket up. Miss Isabella turned on my fan and turned off my light.

I slept for about 2 hours but was woken up by the sudden wave of nausea and running to my bathroom to throw up.

I'm gonna kill myself, I want to die. I sat against the wall, just wanting to feel better.

"Let me check your temperature again" Miss Isabella said. She got up to grab the thermometer and brought it back.

"Ok, let's check" she said putting the thermometer in my mouth. We waited till the beeping sound and pulls it out

"103.2, we need to get you to the hospital" she said.

"I don't feel good" I whined.

"I know, once we go to the hospital you will feel all better" she said

"Ok" I replied. She helped me up and walk down the stairs.

"Wait here, I'm going to talk to your father and Sophia" she said. I gave her a thumbs up not having the energy. She left me alone, and I waited till she came back but instead Tyler came with Isabella.

"Sophia is gonna meet us at the hospital" Tyler said giving him a thumbs up.

"Let's get you in the car" he said helping me up. Everything ached and I wanted to cry, once we got to the car, Tyler started driving off.

"We will be there soon" he said. I kept coughing and my chest would hurt a lot.

"My chest hurts" I whined, barely keeping my eyes open.

"I know Skylar, but we're almost there" he said. After a short drive, we pulled up to the hospital and Sophia was waiting for me outside

"Oh my god, are you trying to kill her?" Sophia said looking at me

"I didn't know it was this bad. I thought she just had a cold" Tyler said

"It's more than that now. Let's get her inside" she said helping me onto a wheelchair and getting me into the hospital. I was admitted to the ER and immediately was given fluids and iv stuck in my arm.

"When you cough does it hurt?" Sophia asked which I nodded my head

"Let's get a chest x-ray to see if theirs fluid in her longs and do a sputum test" Sophia ordered. Next thing I know I'm being directed to cough as hard as I can do mucus can come out for it to be tested. Once I was done with that I was taken to get a chest x-ray. After that I was wheeled to a room I was admitted to.