What If Young Annabeth Was Found By Nero?

Annabeth sat in within the shelter of the old bus stop, watching the rain pour heavily before her. Running away from home wasn't the smartest thing to do, she knew that. But she couldn't go back. She wont go back.

Same old stubborn Annabeth.

Shut up. She muttered, knowing it had no effect to the voice of negativity in her head.

Just cant accept defeat. Just go home. You'd be happy with your father.

Annabeth was smarter than that. Yes her father would be there, but so would her step-mother and brothers. The 7 year old clasped her hands over her ears, squeezing her eyes shut and praying for the voice to quieten down.

It didn't.

The rain poured harder, the pattering on the roof turning to banging. Cold air crashed into her, making blood rush into her cheeks. The girl pulled her scarf up to her nose, hugging her backpack closer. She couldn't stay here or shed freeze to death. Adjusting the bag onto her back. Annabeth wasn't one to rush into danger without a plan (A/n: Unlike some people) Her stormy grey eyes scanned the area, searching for the next possible refuge. The rain was so heavy she couldn't even look so far. There was no use running into the rain and getting lost. She just had to stay put until the storm decided to show its wrath on another area.

"Are you okay?"

Annabeth yelped at the sudden nasally voice. A chubby man stood next to her in a purple suit that was two sizes small for him, a collar that didn't fit his excuse for a neck. She acknowledged that he wasn't wet. "I'm fine." She mumbled, pulling her hood over her blonde hair. The man hummed in response.

"A little girl like you shouldn't be out here on your own."

Annabeth looked down, clutching the straps of her bag tighter. If he gets creepier, she's ready to run into the storm. "Well, I'm fine on my own."

"Okay then." He then said the most absurd thing Annabeth has ever heard. "Any monsters come for you yet?"

The girl almost let out a laugh. "Monsters?"

The man nodded. "Demigods shouldn't be out here on their own."

She let out a laugh. "Demigods?" Now was a good time to run. His slurred voice stopped her.

"I would be happy to take you in."

"No." Annabeth thought.

He is offering you a home.

That infuriating voice.

"No. I don't trust strangers. Especially ones that call me weird names."

What other choice do you have?

Annabeth paused.

That damn voice.