Papyrus x male!reader

You were a bit of an observer. You would like to do what others called people watching while you were up on the surface, and that didn't stop when you fell down into the underground. You didn't stay in the Ruins for long, considering you couldn't do much there, as peaceful as it was.

So you ended up moving out of the Ruins and into Snowdin, where you met the skeleton brothers, Sans and Papyrus. You ended up staying in the inn for a while, until the brothers allowed you to move into their place since you would hang out with them quite often, especially Papyrus.

You were sitting up on their little balcony, which you managed to open the door to (because for some reason there's no way to access it in game and it makes me kinda sad and idk why) and were observing the monsters below, with your (f/c) jacket on and a heavy blanket covering up your legs. You smiled a bit as you watched as the monsters did their own thing; whether it was walking, talking and laughing with each other, or other things. You would occasionally see a few monsters walking by, holding hands and laughing.

Sometimes you would wish that you could have what they have. Someone to love you and someone you could love in return. However, there was one monster you had in mind. And that was-

"AH, THERE YOU ARE Y/N! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU!" Ah speak of the one you have a crush on, here he was now!

"Hey, Paps. What's up?" You asked, leaning back in your chair and looking back at the taller skeleton brother.

"GEEZ, Y/N, YOU"RE JUST AS LAZY AS MY BROTHER! HAVE YOU BEEN HANGING AROUND HIM AGAIN?"

"Hmm? Oh, no. I was like this before I fell here. It's partially from observing so much. I would always do this thing called "people watching," which may sound really weird, but it's not as bad as it sounds. Not like I'm following people around, no."

"OBSERVING THEM...?"

"Exactly. It's interesting to see what some people do. You may even learn something from them." you shrugged.

"DO...YOU MIND IF I JOIN YOU?"

"Sure, go ahead! I don't mind at all." You were about to get up so you could scoot your chair over some, but you stopped as you were picked up for a few moments before being set back down.

"P-Papyrus?"

"YES?"

"What are you doing?" You looked up at him, a light blush on your face. You noticed he had a light orange dusting his cheekbones.

"W...WELL I FIGURED THIS WOULD BE MORE...COMFORTABLE? IF YOU"RE NOT COMFORTABLE I CAN JUST GO GRAB ANOTHER CHAIR!"

"No, no, this is fine, Paps. I was just a bit curious is all." You lean back against him and looked down at the monsters passing by, silently listening to the passing conversations. Some were cute, and some were funny, while some were... not as cute or funny.

And there it was again. You watched as a pair of monsters, a wolf monster and an ice elemental, walk by while holding hands, talking and laughing, which made you smile at first... then frowned as you looked down at your own hands. It seems Papyrus has noticed your sudden change in mood as he looked down at you.

"Y/N? What's wrong..?" He asked in a softer voice, which was pretty rare for him.

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing, Paps. I'm fine."

"Y/n, it's okay, you can tell me anything!" You sighed softly, a white cloud forming around your mouth as you did so.

"It's just that, sometimes I see others walking by, holding hands and smiling... and I guess I just feel jealous... about what they have.."

"Y/n..."

"I just want to be loved, Paps... and not just in a friend way... I want to love someone and feel that same love in return." You were both silent for a few moments before you heard Papyrus mumble something, but you couldn't make out what he had said.

"hmm? What was that, Papyrus?"

"...There's something I want you to know, Y/n.."

"Alright, I'm listening."

"About what you just said... that you wished to be loved..? what if I told you that I...love you?" You could see his face turn more and more orange as he spoke. You had to process his words for a few moments before you realized...

Your crush has just confessed to you!! Don't just sit there dumbfounded, respond to him!!

"...hey, Paps?"

"Y-Yes?" he looked scared by this, so afraid of rejection. You leaned up and kissed his cheekbone.

"nyeh?! d-does this mean-?!"

"Yes, Paps. I love you too." you felt yourself being pulled into a warm yet tight hug. You smiled and hugged him back. The two of you stayed like that for a few moments before a strong gust of cold wind made you shiver.

"LET'S GET YOU BACK INSIDE, Y/N." You were going to say something, but you felt Papyrus wrap his arms around you and pick you up before he stood up, picked up the blanket you were using, and carried you back inside, closing the door to the balcony and walked over to the couch, where he set you back down along with your blanket, and sat down beside you. He then took off his scarf and wrapped it around your neck to help you warm up some. You sighed in content and leaned against the taller male, closing your eyes. The last thing you heard before you dozed off was

"I love you Y/n."