Locked up pt. 2

Tolyn breathed in and out to prevent himself from hyperventilating as a sharp pain was stabbed into his side, wrenching him away from his peaceful childling hood memories. A metal pole with what appeared to be some sort of white light had been pressed against his armor for a moment, before violently touching him again, giving him another electric shock.

He couldn't breath, this wasn't real...none of it was. Why on Thra would their noble, precious saviors betray them so? The boy's father had given his life in service to them, and he was willing to do the same...and this was how he got repaid for those trine of service?

"Get up, gelfling. We must inspect you," SkekZok snarled, pointing the stick at Tolyn once more, threatening him into compliance, "Don't make me use this again..."

Tolyn nodded and complied, standing straight up, yet even the clam, usually stoic and unfeeling man could not contain himself any longer. He sobbed as he was standing, weak and tired, no food in his stomach or defiance left in his heart. "P...Please..." Tolyn begged, "I just...I just want to see my brother again. And my father. I want them back...please..." SkekZok gave him a feint smile, "I have good news for you then, gelfling. Rian and Ordon have returned from their travels and are being treated as we speak. I apologize for the terrible misunderstanding...they are waiting for you at the front gate to take you somewhere else whilst we deal with the...less loyal gelfling of this castle."

Tolyn's ears perked up, "Really?! REALLY?! They're okay?? They came back for me??" He asked, desperation to see them in his voice. SkekZok nodded and Tolyn began to cry more, but this time it was tears of happiness. They had come back for him, of course they had...they were family. "I shall unshackle you at once, just please do not speak of this to any others." Tolyn nodded profusely as the big angelic bird turned around, "Oh I shalln't speak a word! None will hear of any of it! Just please hurry, my brother is sick," he explained as SkekZok's fingers dangled over the key wrack, ready to set him free, yet strangely, he hesitated?

Tolyn waited a few excruciating seconds as the bird merely caressed the keys with his fingers, not taking them off their hook. The Spriton gripped on the cold metal, trying to be patient as he had always been told. Yet, after a few more seconds, he lost his temper, "My lord, this is serious!" He yelled at the bird, "Rian needs me! He needs his brother! And I'm sure the Captain is worried about me, you need to-"

Tolyn was cut off as he heard the keys drop to the floor. His ears pinned back as he watched them, and he collapsed to the metal floor, tears once again rolling down his cheeks, "No...no please...I...I need to see them..." he whispered helplessly, unable to regain any sense of urgency as he could not accept what he already knew: they weren't coming for him.

SkekZok cackled cruelly as he kicked the keys away from both him and the prisoner, "Whoops! Look as though they slipped, gelfling. Better luck next time!" Tolyn braced himself as he was electrocuted once more, yelping in pain but trying to hold onto the little sanity he had left, "Spriton...Tolyn, was it?" The vulture asked, having been told the name by SkekSil.

The second in command of the castle slowly fixed his eyes to face the creature, "Yes...my lord...?" He inquired, his voice cracking up a pitch. The response only made the priest more amused, "SkekSil told me you disowned the traitor and his father after we sent the Captain away...was that not true?" The Spriton hung his head in shame, "W-Well..." a lump formed in Tolyn's throat, yes he had screamed after Ordon he hated him as he left the castle that night, hoping to never see him again. Betraying the gelfling who had adopted him into their family after his father's passing. He still remembered the pain in Ordon's face as he departed, having begged Tolyn to come along, yet the stubborn man refused to listen. It was plain to him then that Ordon had a choice, stay with the son who tried to make him proud, or chase after a murderer. Yet still, even when Tolyn had done everything perfectly, he was second fiddle to Rian. Oh, how he wished he had put his pride aside and joined Ordon instead of making it into another contest for the StoneWood man's affection.

"I..." SkekZok studied him relentlessly, eagerly awaiting an answer until Tolyn gave in, "I...I did but...I messed up...I want to see them again...please, I-" SkekZok raised a hand in the air to shush his prey as he inquired further, "Would you do it again if it saved your skin, I wonder?"

The horror on Tolyn's face seemed to give the Skeksis his desired answer, what fun that he got to torture the last guard they were to drain. The Skeksis turned his back, another loud cackle leaving his lips as he turned towards the door. He was about to leave, when he heard a small, "no..." from behind him. The Skeksis shook his head, not even bothering to turn his head to look back, "If you understood the severity of your situation, I guarantee your response would differ," he hissed, taking a step out the door.

Tolyn banged his fist violently against the metal bars of his confinement, "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME!!" He screamed at the cruel lord, "I WOULD NEVER BETRAY THEM, WE LOVE ONE ANOTHER! WE ARE MORE THAN BONDED BY OATH, WE ARE FAMILY!!" He screamed at the top of lungs, a small part of him, however feint, still hoping they were just beyond his cell and could hear him.

SkekZok shook his head, "Foolish gelfling, is that why you told all the other guards their secrets upon their departure?" He questioned, finally breaking Tolyn down as he hit the floor once more, much harder as he lost control and full on sobbed. SkekZok turned and grabbed hold of Tolyn's cell. He leaned down, making sure the gelfling could hear his low, menacing voice, "I would spend my next few moments in Thra wisely, if I were you...contemplate on why you shall be remembered as Tolyn the traitor."

With that, and a lick of his lips, the monster was finally gone, leaving Tolyn to cry in silence, hugging his knees as he prayed to Thra. -Almighty Thra of my heart- he begged, folding his hands and closing his eyes -If not me, allow my family safe passage in your land, your waters, and your sky. Do not fail them for my misgivings. Love them as I have not...and let them know I love them.- the tears continued to flow as Tolyn could feel himself choking on his throat once more, "Thra, give them strength..." he said, before whispering to the wind, "I love you...brother and father...I am sorry...Rian and Ordon..."