chapter 1

"You only came here months ago? Your Japanese is amazing."

Riki dragged me into this, I did not want to meet the new students because I had no experience of meeting new people. I hated myself for that. I want to change that mindset of mine but it's never easy, it took me a lot of time to get along with the people I just met, I was just super lucky Riki and I had so many things in common.

"Ah, no, actually I learned speaking and understanding the Japanese language a long time ago." The guy answered very formally. He's giving me weird vibes, he's been staring at me like he's checking me out and I am a hundred percent sure that I am not assuming things, it's just he's pretty obvious... And I feel so awkward.

I can feel Riki's smirk, he knows what's happening. "Oh really? Stop with the formality! Let's be casual." Riki added. That guy's brow raised and his lips formed a smile without showing his teeth, "Yeah? If that's fine with you then sure. How about this innocent-looking girl right here?" His gaze transferred to mine which made me step back a little bit.

I heard Riki's small laugh, it sounded like a snort, to be honest. "Innocent?" He exaggerated, showing the guy that I'm the exact opposite of what he said. I showed him my surprised reaction, Riki laughed loudly in response. "She looks innocent though?" The guy's eyes went from my head to toes and his gaze came back to my eyes. Somehow his gaze is making me feel things.

"I'm Yeonjun, by the way. Hey, Yuzuru."

I had my eyes widened when Yeonjun already knew my name! "Uh," I didn't know what to say. I looked at Riki to show him a signal that I am needing his help, by giving my weird stare at him. "Okay! I should leave first, you guys do your thing!" Riki said and left us.

Say what?! My lips parted in shock while I heard Yeonjun's chuckle right beside me.

"Aren't you tired of just standing there? Come on, let's sit here." Yeonjun gave me his smile. Somehow, I... kind of like it when he smiles like that. It is so comforting, but at the same time, it's giving weird vibes, like lust, which I'm not getting used to it. But, I... like it.

We sat on the grass beside the river, the area was quite slanted, if you fall, you go towards the river and might drown, but that's not the case.

It was already our dismissal, and I just find myself having a conversation with Yeonjun, which I just met since it is the first day of class today. "This is new." He said. I turned my head towards him, raising my brow. "New? What do you mean?"

He didn't answer quickly, what he did was stare at my eyes for seconds while the side of his lips slowly rose, he then looked at the river afterward. "I usually have long conversations with the people I want to meet, leading to, doing something." He said.

His words didn't process well in my mind, 'doing something'? like what? Making love? Flings? I think so, he looks like a playboy.

"But now I find myself comfortably just resting right beside you." He said as his eyes reached mine.

I caught myself hiding my red ears, "R-really?" I wanted to end my life when I stuttered.

Yeonjun gave me a small laugh, clearly responding to my stuttering. "I mean it." I don't know if he's lying, but he sounded so sincere it made my heart flutter.

The color of the sky today was comforting, along with this pretty boy beside me, to be honest. The sun rays kissed his skin, the true colors of his eyes truly flaunt. What's this? Love at first sight?

"Is it too soon to find comfort in a person you just met?" I sincerely asked, while admiring his face. When our eyes met again, I got nervous and looked away from him. But he continues to answer me, "I think so, yeah. But I don't know, there's something about you."

I swear this man knows how to flatter a girl's heart, to the point even boys would get their hearts to flatter from his words too. "Are you really going to blurt out all of your thoughts that fast towards me? God, stop." I honestly don't know how to react to his words.

I also can feel his stare at my peripheral view. I'm trying my best not to blush and get flattered at all, but I think I'm failing at it.

"It's getting late. Uhm, it was nice meeting you, Yeonu?" I made fun of him by stating his name wrong.

"Yeonu it is." My smile disappeared as he went along with my joke. He laughed as he stood up, and he reached me his hand, "It's Yeonjun." He added. I accepted his hand and he help me stand up. While I fix my uniform, I saw Riki running towards us with that annoying and biggest smile of his, "Ayo what's up!"

"I'll be going home now. Riki," Yeonjun waved at him, "I'll see you tomorrow, Akari." He added and walked away.

Riki had his eyes widened and his lips parted in shock, "Akari?! First name basis now huh?" He smirks. I tried to hide my smile by biting the insides of my cheek, "Shut up."

What a first day of school.