Prologue

Note:

Readers will have a name.

Some information about book writing, authors, editors, and anything about the publishing company/work industry might be written falsely here in the story. After all, this is just a work of fiction.

Please bear with me!

----------------------------------------

I stretched my arms as I sat on my chair after a very tiring day, although what I only did was think about what will be the storyline of my next book.

But she always pops into my mind, I always think about her, it distracts me.

I asked my friend, Kim Mingyu, who now is sleeping on the floor in my bedroom, to help me with this, and he help me cope with the best idea of it.

"Come to think of it, you have been a famous writer for like, four years now." Mingyu arrived late in my apartment, looking fresh. Ugh, that sick fuck I swear, I don't know why he needs to dress up and look like a Hollywood superstar and only go to my apartment to help me and chill.

"Your stories are more on, crimes, mystery.." Mingyu went straight to help me make a plot and a storyline for my new book, I assume so that after we plan this, he'll be sleeping over again. He carried a whole big backpack.

"Your famous works, 'Executioner Stranger, Angel Bloodshed..'," He added, "Angel Bloodshed is one of your most scintillating works for me, love that shit man." He mumbles.

"Well, I don't know but that was inspired from my high school friend's neighbor's murder case, that shit was grieving yet it was alluring, you don't wanna get involved with it yet you still want to know what happened because that girl looked like an angel yet you still question, why is she involved in such case, although we don't wanna judge a book by its cover, yet she still gives an angel vibe. It was complicated, you're feeling all the emotions in one book, I love how it turned out." I blurted out all of my thoughts.

I love how Mingyu just listened to me, understanding my very convoluted words.

"But of course, We always want something new." Mingyu added with a smile on his face.

Then my smile disappears.

"Still thinking about her huh.." Mingyu takes two cans of beer in my refrigerator, we always know that every topic always ends up about her, about us. Then, of course, I will drink, again, why not? "How come... You have suffered man, yet you still manage to publish a lot of fascinating stories."

"Hey, same about you, but a little different." I clicked my tongue, Mingyu is such a lucky lad, it makes me hate him.

"Oh." Mingyu sounded like he had a great idea. "Oh! I mean, your love story is kinda.. whoo.." Mingyu scrunched his nose. "I mean, words can't explain man I'm sorry. Come on let's just drink."

As we were about to cheer our beers, he suddenly stops.

"How about, write her in your new story then? Include her in your next story or.." Mingyu licks the opening of the can as he thinks,

"A story about us.." I mumbled.

Mingyu smirked at me as I stated that idea, "Bingo." He snaps his hand. It was brilliant. "You're a fucking genius but how come you only thought of that just now?!".

"To surprise my readers I guess." I lied.

"You're fucking lying." He snobs.

"You fucking smartfuck." I cursed.

"Do you wanna talk about why?" Mingyu asks, then I quickly shake my head. I did not hesitate my answer.

It has been years since we're not in contact, six years, six whole years do be exact. I've last seen her when I was about to become 2nd year in college, it was the summer season.

I remember each thing, that happened to both of us, it throbs my heart.

Now I am here ready to show off my editor, my story, I haven't met her, or him, yet. Yuta said that it was better if we meet at the publishing company, of course, I'm not nervous, but, just a little bit.

Yuta did not tell me where she or he came from or if he or she was a new worker, I don't know, Yuta is such a complicating CEO, I sometimes wanna punch him in the face.

"Oyaaa Yeonjun-kun!" His smile irritated me, I don't know, it's like every time there's a smile on his face or he's feeling any joy, it opposites me, it makes me angry as hell.

It's not jealousy or something, I just don't get why he's having that smile on his face every single fucking day, what's with this man?

"Shut up, Yeonjun." Even he is telling me to zip my thoughts, not my mouth, a sparkle of joy in his voice is always there.

"So, anyway, she's already in the meeting room. Ah-," He stops walking and his front is now facing mine, "I forgot to tell you that your editor is our new employee. But don't worry, she has been working as an editor for years, 4 years to be exact. Just like you, you became a writer for 4 years, surprisingly, same as her's, but as an editor."

I just nod to the information he gave me and we proceeded to go to the meeting room.

I also got pretty nervous as I heard that it's a woman, but maybe I'm just assuming things, again.

Yuta went in first before me. I was looking down on my phone as I heard a notification from it, I sighed when I read it was from Mingyu again, so I just closed my phone and shrugged, I'm going to reply to his nosy ass later.

I had my eyes widened as I heard papers, books, and folders fall, it made a loud smack on the floor and we hurriedly check if the woman was alright.

What a first impression, she slipped as she was about to stand up.

A small smile formed on my face as I picked up the papers from the floor, also the woman kept on saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" so many times it was like she was about to cry.

"Hey, it's fine! Surprising eh? You're working with a famous author. Hehe." Yuta chuckled and remained chill so that he won't worry the woman even more.

But then as soon as I stood up, I finally saw her face.

"Miss Yuzuru Akari, meet the author you're going to work with, Choi Yeonjun!" Yuta introduced her to me cheerfully.

But tears were forming in our eyes already.

"Y-Yeonjun?"

Hearing her voice that sounded so melancholy it made me don't want to hear it again.

I was so stunned, I don't know how to react. I only bowed a little. And so did she.

I didn't know that I'm going to meet the woman I love the most again after so many years.

Maybe we could start over again.

Let me prove to you that I could do better this time.

I showed her my smile, "I'm looking forward to us, Yuzuru-san."

-------

End of prologue