5 years after ....

Phoebes
The crisp cold air moved swiftly through my hair as i left my house, ready for school.
It was 7:25, school doesn't start till 8:20 but i always walk to Liam's house in the mornings. The air was thick with bitter winds that froze any words that tried to escape your mouth. My hands, stuffed in my pockets, were going numb, and the icy fog, was imbedding its self in the cracks of my hands. Legs like stiff rusty tin, i stiffly penetrated the fogs wall, that separated me, from the path to Liam's.

My cheekbones all dry and cold, were rusting up like my legs, my eyes closed, clenched hold of myself and battled the gusts of wind.
The side of my schools shirt, was vibrating, due to an incoming call on my phone.
Hands frozen up, i reach for my phone and hold it up to my ear, only for it to slide right through my hands and land on the floor, bouncing along the fog riddled path.
Walking towards where the phone had bounced to, it was no longer there, but In the hands of a stranger, stretched out for me to receive the phone; head rusted i stare to the ground, bracing myself for the gust of wind traveling through my dark auburn hair.
"Thank you" i said, staring down at his, black builders like boots and his black skinny jeans.
I carried on along the path to meet my friend Liam.
The letter box on his door was even bracing itself for the bitter winds and would hardly move to make a sound of arrival.
"IM FREEZING" i say, imbedding myself into the warmth of Liam's jumper.
"You look it " he says, closing the door behind me.
I sat down, chatting to his sister, while he got ready; he's never on time nor early, always late. Late Liam i call him.
"Ready to go " he says, throwing me one of his hoddies
"More than ever" i said, as i walk towards him and brace myself for the bitter impact on my cheekbones. As he opened the door, the whole house went cold as the bitter air destroyed every bit of warmth in the house

Finally in the warmth of the school, my cheekbones flushed but rusted by the winds force. I grip onto Liam for warmth and comfort, waiting for the others to arrive.
"Eh eh you two get a room" Jamie shouts down the corridors at us.
"Shove off Jamie, you're only jealous, "
"Now why would i be jealous" he said, walking up to Liam and pecking him on the lips.
"Don't i get a hug then" Jamie says, open arms.
"No your boyfriends much warmer" i laughed, joking around with Jamie. Liam lets go as i jump into Jamie's open arms.
"I've missed this much peppiness over the holidays, now Liam, he ain't as peppy as you phoebes"
"Wow someone excited to see you Jamie" Michael smiles, walking over to me
"So hows my girl" he says shooting looks of jealousy to Jamie and Liam.
"You would know if you know- texted me once in a while Michael " I say, digging at him

The conversation was so hushed by a passing trainee, his hair auburny brown, with watery green eyes and a heart melting smile. Subtle stubble resting on his face,and his biceps, slowly creeping out of his shirt.
"I'll have a bit of that " Liam says walking over, only to be pulled back by Jamie's grip
"Really hunnie" Jamie says looking at Liam in the eyes, his jealously glimmering.
"You know I'm only joking" Liam says, giving Jamie a peck on the lips .

As the trainee walks past, i cant help but feel a reeling deep in my stomach, like i know him, or maybe a relative, no - it cant be. Its just my stomach being queazy today. The trainee locks eyes with me for a second, and In that second, for some unknown reason, a smile raises from my ice frozen face. As he walks off, i cant help but notice his black, builders like boots, and his black skinny jeans... He's from thins morning... Thats why i feel like i know him. See i told you , my stomach is just being queazy today, it always is sometimes, but for some reason, maybe by coincidence, it started when i saw him.