The letter (Trailer)

There was a humming melody

There was a humming melody. A ten year old girl was whispering a melody while looking at a blank peace of paper. She then thinks and starts writing, saying out loud what she was writing unconsciously.

"August, Sunday, 15 of 1982." The girl started with the date and continued. "Dear Jason Merlin, hello there! It's me, your sister, Girasol Merlin." Girasol chuckled at her own enthusiasm.

"Well," The girl randomly stopped and looked at her surroundings. She was in a room made of glass, so she could see the rest of the building while being safe, looking at her parent working, Mr.Merlin. While Mr.Merlin sees her daughter though the glass chilling while he was working on his projects.

The girl looks at the piece of paper again, she is feeling weird and a little cold, but she ignores that feeling and continues writing the letter.

"I'm writing this letter because I don't have any other way to talk to you according to dad, but well, I want you to know that I hope you're okay and that I miss you so much."

She keeps reading out loud unconsciously while still writing.

"But well, I know we haven't talked in a year, so, I'm going to tell you somethings. Yesterday was my ten birthday. The doctor also says I'm sick of something, but dad doesn't want to tell me what."

Girasol looks up, only to see her dad walking fast by, though the glass, the child frowned.

"But anyways, talking about dad, He is very busy lately, working in a surprise for me or at least that's what he said."

"He also said he was-" Girasol stopped writing suddenly. Just to notice that she wrote 'wes' instead of 'was', she just crossed out the word and continued like nothing.

"He also said he was going to give you this letter when I finish. Hope to see your letter soon!" The girl smiled while signing the letter, then she puts the pencil on a side, contemplating what she just wrote.

Girasol randomly started feeling sick, she tried to ignore it but it didn't work. Then it got worse, her lungs felt like they couldn't pass the air, The ten year old was running out of air. She started coughing with blood.

Her sickness was getting worse by the second. She knows that, But it was already too late to try to solve it, or at least that's what the doctor said. And that's the big reason why her father started working a lot out of nowhere.

After of some moments, Girasol goes back to normal. Shaking and heavily breathing while looking at her hands and the letter covered in blood.

Mr.Merlin, who was just passing by while carrying a box full of metal pieces, had the urge to look at the room. So he did so, he looked at the mini room though the glass, just to watch his daughter in pain.

He gasped. Before slowly and carefully putting the box in the ground and then running though the building, yeah, turns out that the door of the room is on the other side and you need to walk though half of the place just to get to it, sucks to suck.

After of exactly two minutes, he arrived and entered the mini room, just to see Girasol shaking while hugging herself, dirtying her clothes with the blood in her hands. She was cold after all.

Mr.Merlin's heart just broke at watching this scene. His lovely daughter was slowly dying, just like his sanity and common sense. The adult walked towards the child and sat on the ground, by her side.

Girasol noticed her father and tried to look normal. "I finished the letter." The child grabbed the bloody letter and gave it to her father, or well, tried. Girasol coughed more blood in the process.

Mr.Merlin didn't cared about the letter, least about who the letter was for. He just hugged his daughter, not caring if Girasol coughed blood on his clothes. He doesn't care, he just didn't wanted his child to die.

"Don't worry my dear, I'll make sure to find a way to make you alive again." The adult with the deep voice said. Closing his eyes while hugging the child.

On the other hand, Girasol was confused. She didn't understand what her father said, but she hugged back anyways and gave him a weakly smile. She was happy that at least her parent was there with her, maybe not mentally but physically.

"I love you dad."

"I love you even more."

Death, such a small word for such a thing